Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 May 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Purple and the Prem Inn next door to it on Bath Road for us.
Nothing could be simpler.
yep, very simple. i have just booked my night at the PI as only £35 and refundable. Just sorting out parking just in case we are allowed to travel.

Not many places within walking distance of a terminal with parking (i dont think so anyway) as the airport is huge.
Old 4 May 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We always book Heathrow on airport short stay T3 after having bad experiences with shuttles buses in the past ,overcrowded and having to wait an hour for the next one due to traffic on more than one occasion, resulting in other passengers getting physical with each other.

This year we are booked in the short stay terminal 5, it's more expensive than long stay and or offsite but we can jump straight in the car and go so for us its is worth it.

We book on the official Heathrow parking website
heathrow/transport-a...athrow-parking

Edited at 06:11 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

I looked at Premier inn bath road with purple parking next door...pretty much same price for Radisson blue with 15 nights parking...no brainer!
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Drino View Post
I looked at Premier inn bath road with purple parking next door...pretty much same price for Radisson blue with 15 nights parking...no brainer!
If they were the same, I would remember how remarkably Prem Inn behaved in March of last year, refunding my 7 non cancellable rooms even though I never asked for them to.

In my world, that makes me very loyal.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

Granted, that's brilliant of them..Just to start a holiday after all the crap we been threw the last year, gonna go bit more up market...be rude not too..
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We have booked Premier Inn for 1 night £35 and 23 nights at Purple Parking £95. We thought this was quite reasonable.

We don't normally stay overnight before a flight as we usually travel from Gatwick, which is only 25 Mins up the road from where live by the coast.
Old 4 May 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I need a new solution as the premier inn abs purple parking combo no longer works😡

Purple parking have stopped commercial vehicles so my pickup is not welcome!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

we are booked oct this year hopefully and because of the size of my car\t4 van I cannot use a lot of the car parks they have put a ban on larger vehicles so I am still looking for a car park I may have one or 2 that will take my van
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
whelley wigan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Purple and the Prem Inn next door to it on Bath Road for us.
Nothing could be simpler.
Hi, we've booked the Premier Inn for the night before. Do you book parking for the day you check in to the hotel till the date you fly back to UK with Purple Parking ? Presumably leaving your car the day of hotel check in and then get the shuttle bus in the morning?
Never flown from Heathrow before, just looking for most economic and efficient way. Thanks!
Old 10 May 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have the same problem with our vw t6 camper. Not alot of places will take them now.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List