Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 May 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mj1980 View Post
British airways have replied to my email and said (As long as you have the confirmation email for your car hire, then there will be a car available for you).
I mean of course they will say that, but look on forums and FB Groups and you will see daily reports of no cars being available despite bookings
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

Car hire prices in Hawaii have reached $1,000 per day 😳

People have started renting U-haul trucks instead.
Old 11 May 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Cheaper to use Lyft at the moment - and it means I can drink more
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

In all honesty it’s not such a problem if sticking to Orlando itself as Uber/Lyft is a viable (and arguably cheaper) alternative but it’d certain give us issues as although flying into Orlando our first night is in Eustis and then we are driving down to Vero before dropping the car at West Palm Beach then flying to AZ where we have two separate one way hires and no car would completely wreck the whole trip as none of our itinerary would be viable with Uber.
Hopefully by September the car hire companies will be better stocked with cars.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Most states have started to open up 100% now and domestic flight prices and car hire prices have gone through the roof.
meanwoodwhite is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

This feels like things will only slowly start to improve, but will eventually sort themselves out (hopefully before our next trip).
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would hope that this all calms down.
If not as long as you are only having/staying in the Disney area holiday, ie no long journeys Uber is definitely an alternative.
My daughter done this and over the two weeks cost roughly the same as car hire at the time
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I booked a fly drive for this November back in January. Paid just under £1800 for flights (4 plus infant) and car hire (7 seater).

At the time I priced everything sepereately and the car hire alone was £800 so was really happy with the price.

Just looked now...

!

So at current prices I have only paid £270 for flights. Absolutely ridiculous.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have just booked villa so had a look at car hire. Literally double what we normally pay more that £1k for 17 nights... crazy
Old 16 May 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

If you have got Costco membership, it's worth visiting the Costco Travel website and looking what prices they are offering. In "normal times" they could always beat any price I had found elsewhere - normally by anything up to £100.

In the USA, any booking via Costco will almost certainly be with Hertz - no idea what their car availability situation is at MCO. (But if the other hire companies sold off car stock due to Covid, I can't think that Hertz didn't do the same).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List