Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Apr 11, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy9137
Very Serious Dibber

Priced out of Florida

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

We were really looking forward to going next year and had pencilled in September but the price of flights is killing us. We are a family of 5 and have to travel as 5 adults - with a car its coming in at over £3,000 before we have even booked a Villa, park tickets, food, petrol or spends! Very reluctantly we are going to have to give it a miss unless the American scheduled airlines are doing flights cheaper - obviously we wont know until around Christmas when they release their prices/flights. I don’t know how normal people can afford to go anymore or is everyone just sticking it on credit cards?
Please feel free to carry on...
Andy9137 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 11, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well since posting on this thread back when it started... we have changed our mind on future trips..

I actually cant see a time when we will have a family holiday to Orlando again... priced up for next year and for everything we want to do we were looking at £10k +... can i afford it yes just.. am i willing to spend that NO !

We are having instead 3 nights in Phoenix, 11 in Vegas, Premium SUV, Nice hotel , Race tickets & Spends and it will cost around £7k so a huge difference.

Kids are happy to be going back to Vegas and my other half is happy to be saving £3k...

We dont use credit cards.. everything is paid for as and when we book it so we have to save beforehand.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 11, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post

The way I see it if you want something bad enough you will pay for it, just takes longer to save up. Not sure being priced out is accurate, its just being prepared to pay in the long run or go elswhere sooner for less.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 11, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Well ive found a bargain for next year and gone ahead and booked

Might be our last trip as a family though
Old 9 Apr 11, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There are loads of bargains to be had on flights with flythomas cook. Just seen one now - premium cabin £369 26th Apr -10th May.No good to us as outside scool holidays, but certainly a bargain for someone. Had a look for September when OP was looking at going - a couple of dates £439 and £459

Great prices for school holidays too - May spring bank 27th May-10th June £489. August not too bad either - £579 16th Aug - 30th Aug

Baggage and meals on top, but we flew with them last year, only took 2 bags between 3 of us, and didnt have the meals so didnt increase cost by much
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 11, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

That's the main reason I am saving up,kids growing up,I will be taking them out of school for x2 weeks. But that in the whole scheme of things is not a great worry. I will have saved up for x3 years.I hope I get a good price,because the kids not having new clothes every 6 months will have been worth it

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 11, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I too had been looking forward to booking for Oct 2012 and when prices came out felt very deflated. But we are now looking at booking direct with disney and doing fly drive and its come in at £5500 for family of 4 which i didnt think was too bad. So fingers crossed!
Old 9 Apr 11, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janny View Post

Can I ask where from as we are planning for next year have found a great villa at an excellent price its just the flights and we want to fly from Aberdeen on 26 July.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 11, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
paulac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janny View Post

Spill the beans Janny we all love a bargain.

Sept 1998 - Sheraton Safari Hotel
Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites (now Nickelodeon)
Aug 2002 - Villa
Aug 2005 - Cypress Pointe Resort - & Universal HRH
Aug 2007 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
Apr 2008 - The Fountains, Disney YC & Universal RPR
Aug 2009 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas & Universal RPR
& Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
paulac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 11, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
hsl500
Imagineer

Hiya i am looking at going 2012 Nov time
4 adults and 3 kids as 2 of the boys are now teens and classed as adult most places .
not been able to get quotes yet as nowhere has any, but hopeing to get a good deal fingers crossed as i promised my 6 and 4yr old i would take them swimming with the dolphins as last time went were too young

Believe in yourself and you wont go far wrong
hsl500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread