Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Feb 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question anyone ever taken part in a run disney marathon?

looks like it could be fun so just wondered if anyone has actually taken part in one?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 16, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
joanneclaire
Dibbing with Tink

I have not but often wondered about doing it too ?

South facing pool with multi-coloured LED lighting, spa/hot tub - heated free of charge, outdoor TV, private landscape lit garden, Nintendo Wii interactive gaming wall, twin Xbox live games area with games pass, retro arcade games

License No:- DWE5903426

joanneclaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 16, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

I've done a 5k (Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K) and in April this year I'll be doing the Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon.

I can't wait. My experience of the 5k was excellent, lots of runners, but really fun atmosphere and the pre race expo is fun to pick up different types of Disney merch etc.

Were you looking at a particular race?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

There only one marathon, that's always the first Sunday after New Year.

There are a number of other races including 5k, 10k, Half Marathon at various times of year. They usually group races together and call them a "weekend" so or example this weekend coming you have a 5k, 10k and Half for the Princess Weekend.

They are immense fun, horribly expensive compared to what you'd pay at home (but there are ways to justify that ) and normally sell out ridiculously quickly. They have minimum pace times, but they are quite generous, if you can do 4mph you're going faster than you need to

I've done two 5ks, a 10k, two Halfs and the marathon and am looking forward to another 5k, 10k and Half in a few weeks' time (same one as Elsamac)

We've got a RunDisney community so please so come over and join us
Old 15 Feb 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Here's our social group:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/group.php?groupid=391

In case you're interested, the Disneyland Paris inaugural race weekend goes on sale tomorrow! There's a 5k, and a half (or you can do both)
Old 15 Feb 16, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I did 2015 one. Would I do it again no but am I glad I did hell yeah. It was great organisation, super fun and plenty of entertainment and encouragement to get me round. I didn't like the course all that much but it was the start time which caused me difficulty. Eating breakfast at 3.15 am only served to give me indigestion for the first 13 miles. If you can accept you may not get that good a time but you want fun go for it. I'd now love to do another marathon and I've a very super medal to commemorate my first ever one at Disney

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 16, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

we're planning for nov next yr so looking at current schedules we may catch the jingle jungle or wine & dine?
Its something I've love to do if possible though I'll need to do some serious training to get in shape but not sure about doing it alone? are they really expensive to take part in?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 16, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lemonpie
Helping Mickey

They are expensive but a lot of fun. If you want to enter you need to be online as soon as the entry opens as they typically sell out in about half an hour. If you own DVC or have an annual pass they have early entry a week before it opens to the general public but only a limited number of spaces so they also sell out quickly.
lemonpie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 16, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
we're planning for nov next yr so looking at current schedules we may catch the jingle jungle or wine & dine?
Its something I've love to do if possible though I'll need to do some serious training to get in shape but not sure about doing it alone? are they really expensive to take part in?
From memory (so could be out plus prices may have gone up) the 5k is about $70 and the Half $200. Included in that fee is a t shirt (5k) or technical top (Half) but really nice medals. 5k is a rubber one (still cool) and half is a metallic super duper one. Not that I'm obsessed with getting my hands on these. Definitely not, I deny everything
Old 17 Feb 16, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm flying out today for my first run Disney race weekend! Am doing the 5,10 and half marathon.
Already thinking about which year to go for marathon weekend 😊
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread