Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Mar 16, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Thomas Cook Hifly:And this years plane will be **OLCI** UPDATE

Tail Number CS-TFZ

Yes it was the same plane they used last year!

Source: jethros.uk/fleets/fle...irlines_uk.htm (I emailed him and he did some asking and updated the site)

Old posts from last year:
blog.thomascookairlines/a...fly-need-know/
and search in here for hifly to see how bad it was... TC compensated people - even if they didn't ask for it

Reason I'm interested - I booked in June 15 for June 16 with PE, 330 days out - they changed the plane to hifly - after reading all the bad reviews I complained to HQ and they tell me it will be much better this year - spec better and better IFE.

Have checked out Hifly and they are a perfectly good airline, excellent record and previous employees all praise them. Just bad reviews of the craft and service last year - shame as TC seem to be doing well with their other planes.

Re the online Seats Fiasco - my booking now says:

Looks like they have given up on the reliability of their website now and just refer you back you your booking - and my seats are on there.

Just googled the flight and see it is advertising on demand IFE

Its currently being used by Condor (TCs German operation)Munich to Dom Rep. (using a weird 4 row PE and 2-4-2 in the cabin)
planefinder/data/aircraft/CS-TFZ

But when we get it for 3/4 weeks in Glasgow (Late June - Mid July) then its of to Stansted (Mid July to Mid Aug) its being sold as 3-3-3 with the front 6 rows WERE being sold as extra leg room - but now just being sold as all economy - Strange.

Nothing 100% conclusive here - just joining the dots.

Found 2 dibbers who will be on the plane before me and have asked them to post details - but I'll post for sure on 28th June at 7pm (FLORIDA TIME!)

Pay for it all on Tuesday so will ask some hard questions in store just for some reassurance... but I have to say the store ppl have been great - if not a little just reading off the screen - but they can only recite what they have been told.

On an interesting note if you look closely at the Jethros fleet site - they have ordered a new plane next year so could be the last year of the hifly?

PM

Edited at 11:36 AM. Reason: update
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

At the minute I'm supposed to be on the air tanker, hope that doesn't change!
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
singerella
Excited about Disney

I have no idea what plane we're on, have had great service in store but been so annoyed with the problems regarding seats. We've now got our seats booked but they don't show up on manage my booking?! Although I have printed confirmation it's still annoying. Ultimately I don't care how we get there but I must admit I've been put off TC.
singerella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 16, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sunaddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Tail Number CS-TFZ

Yes it was the same plane they used last year!

Source: jethros.uk/fleets/fle...irlines_uk.htm (I emailed him and he did some asking and updated the site)

Old posts from last year:
blog.thomascookairlines/a...fly-need-know/
and search in here for hifly to see how bad it was... TC compensated people - even if they didn't ask for it

Reason I'm interested - I booked in June 15 for June 16 with PE, 330 days out - they changed the plane to hifly - after reading all the bad reviews I complained to HQ and they tell me it will be much better this year - spec better and better IFE.

Have checked out Hifly and they are a perfectly good airline, excellent record and previous employees all praise them. Just bad reviews of the craft and service last year - shame as TC seem to be doing well with their other planes.

Re the online Seats Fiasco - my booking now says:

Looks like they have given up on the reliability of their website now and just refer you back you your booking - and my seats are on there.

Just googled the flight and see it is advertising on demand IFE

Its currently being used by Condor (TCs German operation)Munich to Dom Rep. (using a weird 4 row PE and 2-4-2 in the cabin)
planefinder/data/aircraft/CS-TFZ

But when we get it for 3/4 weeks in Glasgow (Late June - Mid July) then its of to Stansted (Mid July to Mid Aug) its being sold as 3-3-3 with the front 6 rows WERE being sold as extra leg room - but now just being sold as all economy - Strange.

Nothing 100% conclusive here - just joining the dots.

Found 2 dibbers who will be on the plane before me and have asked them to post details - but I'll post for sure on 28th June at 7pm (FLORIDA TIME!)

Pay for it all on Tuesday so will ask some hard questions in store just for some reassurance... but I have to say the store ppl have been great - if not a little just reading off the screen - but they can only recite what they have been told.

On an interesting note if you look closely at the Jethros fleet site - they have ordered a new plane next year so could be the last year of the hifly?

PM
I did say it would be the same aircraft as last year lol

It's in the same configuration now as last year 2-3-2 in the forward cabin and 3-3-3 in the remainder.

Whether them acquiring another A330 will mean no more HiFly will remain to be seen. They acquired another which will go into service this Summer, but they've still leased HiFly.

Edited at 05:42 PM.
sunaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 16, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Hi guys looking forward to seeing some pictures, i will be returning to Stanstead on the 23rd August and whould like to have an idea what the Hi Fly is like.

Cheers
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
woollys_super
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm on that flight back too! What day you flying out?

Originally Posted by TICH1952 View Post
Hi guys looking forward to seeing some pictures, i will be returning to Stanstead on the 23rd August and whould like to have an idea what the Hi Fly is like.

Cheers
Disney World, Encantada August 2016
Disney World, Davenport July 2018
woollys_super is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm booked on highfly on 24/6 from Glasgow and I've got seats in row 1 seats 1-5. Didn't pay for them and hoping they're good seats like the travel agent said
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kaza View Post
I'm booked on highfly on 24/6 from Glasgow and I've got seats in row 1 seats 1-5. Didn't pay for them and hoping they're good seats like the travel agent said
Hi Kaza,

How did you manage to get seats without paying for them?
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We booked a signature holiday so you don't pay for seats
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Ha...we had this last year - they lied about it right up till we got to the airport, when they admitted it was a Hi-Fly plane, and they hate using them... which I guess partly due to the complains about so much broken stuff on there (table, wires hanging out of headphone socket!), awful IFE, and horrible staff. Apart from that, the flight was fine!

I just got missed about how staff in shop lied "oh it will have state of the art IFE, my college flew on one recently" to all telling different stories from the shop, to Head office, to their own blog and even booking information on website.

Do as much research has you can, don't believe a word TC tells you, and go prepared for worst case scenario!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread