Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 16, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Thomas Cook Hifly:And this years plane will be **ACTUAL FLIGHT REPORT**

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

Tail Number CS-TFZ

Yes it was the same plane they used last year!

Source: jethros.uk/fleets/fle...irlines_uk.htm (I emailed him and he did some asking and updated the site)

Old posts from last year:
blog.thomascookairlines/a...fly-need-know/
and search in here for hifly to see how bad it was... TC compensated people - even if they didn't ask for it

Reason I'm interested - I booked in June 15 for June 16 with PE, 330 days out - they changed the plane to hifly - after reading all the bad reviews I complained to HQ and they tell me it will be much better this year - spec better and better IFE.

Have checked out Hifly and they are a perfectly good airline, excellent record and previous employees all praise them. Just bad reviews of the craft and service last year - shame as TC seem to be doing well with their other planes.

Re the online Seats Fiasco - my booking now says:

Looks like they have given up on the reliability of their website now and just refer you back you your booking - and my seats are on there.

Just googled the flight and see it is advertising on demand IFE

Its currently being used by Condor (TCs German operation)Munich to Dom Rep. (using a weird 4 row PE and 2-4-2 in the cabin)
planefinder/data/aircraft/CS-TFZ

But when we get it for 3/4 weeks in Glasgow (Late June - Mid July) then its of to Stansted (Mid July to Mid Aug) its being sold as 3-3-3 with the front 6 rows WERE being sold as extra leg room - but now just being sold as all economy - Strange.

Nothing 100% conclusive here - just joining the dots.

Found 2 dibbers who will be on the plane before me and have asked them to post details - but I'll post for sure on 28th June at 7pm (FLORIDA TIME!)

Pay for it all on Tuesday so will ask some hard questions in store just for some reassurance... but I have to say the store ppl have been great - if not a little just reading off the screen - but they can only recite what they have been told.

On an interesting note if you look closely at the Jethros fleet site - they have ordered a new plane next year so could be the last year of the hifly?

PM
Please feel free to carry on...

Edited at 10:55 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Roll on Saturday for my turn
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Glad it all turned out ok PapaMouse, have a great holiday and I'll look forward to reading your full flight report ready for my jaunt on the dreaded hifly in August!

08/2013 - Vista Cay Apartments 08/2015 - Sandy Ridge Private Villa - Wedding trip!
08/2016 - Royal Pacific 08/2017 - Royal Pacific 08/2018 - Royal Pacific

11/2019 - Royal Caribbean/Royal Pacific
Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

But by the latest reports its no longer dreaded
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Let's hope eh!

08/2013 - Vista Cay Apartments 08/2015 - Sandy Ridge Private Villa - Wedding trip!
08/2016 - Royal Pacific 08/2017 - Royal Pacific 08/2018 - Royal Pacific

11/2019 - Royal Caribbean/Royal Pacific
Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
I'm on hifly just now.. but we have been delayed for 40mins from Glasgow due to restrictions :/ hopefully it's no longer.. on a plus note the plane is better than expected
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bonny Scotland View Post
I'm on hifly just now.. but we have been delayed for 40mins from Glasgow due to restrictions :/ hopefully it's no longer.. on a plus note the plane is better than expected
Have a great time, I look forward to an update
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Has anyone flown on the Hifly from Stansted this summer yet?

I'm loving these 'better than expected' reports, but I don't think I've seen anyone reporting on the Stansted flights - and we are on those in August!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Has anyone flown on the Hifly from Stansted this summer yet?

I'm loving these 'better than expected' reports, but I don't think I've seen anyone reporting on the Stansted flights - and we are on those in August!
As far as I know they don't fly from Stansead until the end of July. I'm going from there on the 8th August.
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TICH1952 View Post
As far as I know they don't fly from Stansead until the end of July. I'm going from there on the 8th August.
Oh I see! - I didn't realise that! Thanks for letting me know.

I doubt we'll hear before we fly then, as we fly on 11/8, so no one will be home to report back!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List