Notices

Old 9 Aug 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

So excited for you Abby - another mum and daughter trip for you and Kate to DLP

I'm glad you enjoyed Somerset, and now this! We'll have 2 new trip reports to look forward to from you very shortly, I'm sure Now, go and get packing

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm sorry you've had another cancellation to deal with, but you're straight back on the wagon with booking CP. Have a great time and maybe stop reading now

X

I'm not wanting to rub your nose in it, but...

Breaking News

I've gone and done it! Eek This morning I booked up for me and Kate to go to DLP...and we go...tomorrow. oh my! I'm excited and also a bit nervous and then I'm excited and then I'm thinking I'm crazy.

Dave is back at work tomorrow so he can't come and Max felt the lure of going out with his friends and PS4 was too much so he is staying home. So it's just the two of us.

I figured there was no point in waiting to see if France is added to the no go list and sooner is better as if it is added while we are there then we have 2 weeks left of the summer holidays to isolate if we need to.

We are getting the Eurostar direct from London to DLP tomorrow morning. We have 4 nights at Santa Fe with 5 days of park tickets. Then we come home on the direct train on Friday.

The weather out there looks hot, hot, hot, with a chance of storms, ha ha so that will be familiar.

I can't believe I only booked it 4 hours ago, I know it's crazy. Keep your fingers crossed France doesn't get added to the no travel zone overnight.

I can't wait to be in the parks. Wow! We are actually going to Disney.
Wow - I’m so jealous and also very excited for you! Definitely want a TR! You will have an absolutely amazing time. I’m desperate for some Disney magic! Enjoy every second 😀😀 and say hi to Mickey from us all!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

How exciting Abby, I hope you & Kate have a fab trip I wish Keira & I were able to go.. maybe some day!

Looking forward to the report
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Abby

How great that you and Kate are off to DLP tomorrow. I hope you have an amazing time.

Back to school for me tomorrow and we did mange an ice cream cookie sandwich of sort. We used our last box of mint Oreo thins and made mini ones with mint choc chip ice cream like we’d always meant to do at Epcot with the french ice cream but had never got round to it. Thanks for reminding me to do it. They were great.
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Just caught up and how exciting! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you re the no go list. Not long to pack! Have a fab trip x
Packing was a whirlwind, I kept thinking of random things, but we are here now and it's fab x

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Hi Abby

Ive been missing off the Dibb for a fair few months so I thought id try and catch up where I can. I've been avoiding updates and Vlogs as I just dont really want to see the parks how they are now and its always sad to think we should be going on holiday soon.

Im glad all your rebooking and refunds went to plan and didn't seem to much hassle for you and on the plus side you've booked for next year so thats something to get excited about!

All your food updates looked great, although its made me very hungry Hope everyone had a good birthday!

With the booking of park days it can be booked until September 2021 which I have done today although i'm hoping by that point park hoping will be a thing again

How exciting about DLP! I hope you have a fab time! At least you get a little bit of a disney fix for this year. Please let us know how you get on!

Hope your all ok
I know what you mean about watching vlogs of WDW parks, it is a bit heart wrenching. I'm hoping park reservations will be long gone by next summer too, but it's so hard to predict and covid seems to live in its own time zone somehow where time seems to stand still. I love park hopping so I'll be sad if we can't do that and of course there would be no multi park challenges which I know you will find tough.

Our first afternoon here has been fab I'm so pleased we came take care x

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Aww that’s exciting news! I’m not jealous at all 🤔😁

I can’t wait to read all about it. Have a fab mum and daughter trip. 👏🏼

Kat
It is going to be nice to have another trip with just the two of us. Plus we've each got our own double bed and that will be a bonus, cos I didn't sleep at all well last night and I'm really wanting to stretch out x

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So excited for you Abby - another mum and daughter trip for you and Kate to DLP

I'm glad you enjoyed Somerset, and now this! We'll have 2 new trip reports to look forward to from you very shortly, I'm sure Now, go and get packing
I'm going to love writing up both the trip reports, I reckon they will be quite different though for one I wore jeans and a rain coat a few times...I've not brought jeans here though. Ooh it's hot, but I'm trying not to moan and just be happy x

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Wow - I’m so jealous and also very excited for you! Definitely want a TR! You will have an absolutely amazing time. I’m desperate for some Disney magic! Enjoy every second 😀😀 and say hi to Mickey from us all!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the government don't add France to the non essential travel list until Friday when we've got home and then you will have been right to cancel. I'm sure you will have a great time at Centre Parcs though. We saw Mickey as we were leaving the park and I said hi for you x

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
How exciting Abby, I hope you & Kate have a fab trip I wish Keira & I were able to go.. maybe some day!

Looking forward to the report
I hope you do get to do a similar trip with Kiera. We are having a great time so far x

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Abby

How great that you and Kate are off to DLP tomorrow. I hope you have an amazing time.

Back to school for me tomorrow and we did mange an ice cream cookie sandwich of sort. We used our last box of mint Oreo thins and made mini ones with mint choc chip ice cream like we’d always meant to do at Epcot with the french ice cream but had never got round to it. Thanks for reminding me to do it. They were great.
I'm glad you had a nice end to the holiday with your mint choc chip cookie sandwiches

I hope the first day went ok today and wasn't too difficult with all the kids. X

Trip Report Spoilers

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

A bit of a sleepless night for me last night, but the train was super smooth and we made it here in one piece, phew

So, a few spoilers for the trip report

The Eurostar coach we were onky in had one other family, so very easy to social distance.

Boy oh boy it's hot here...36 degrees and masks in heat takes some getting used to. But I'm really trying not to moan and just accept what we've got.

I let Kate pick the park this afternoon so after checking in and finally finding our room we went round in circles we dumped our bags, both stripped to pants and bras, did i mention it was hot? Showered and refreshed, we strolled up Main Street

I didn't even cry, honest! I know you might think that I would have welled up but I didn't I was beaming

It was just great to be here and soak it all up

I think we managed to go on 7 rides this afternoon. Our first was phantom manor which we didn't get to go on last time as it was undergoing refurb, in a word it was FAB they even did the stretching room.

I promise full details will be posted in the full trip report. But I wanted to share a few highlights and also to beg your help

I need help as with all my lack of advance planning I have made a grand total of zero restaurant reservations so where should we go? Kate will eat anything so that's not a problem.

Last time we did Cafe Mickeys and I don't want to go back. We also did Captain Jacks and Chez Remy and both were good, but maybe we could try somewhere new. So, does anyone have any ideas or recommendations? Are any of the TS at Newport Bay good? Also, what about QS, as lots of places closed at 5pm in the park so that was a bit of a problem as we hadn't realised that would happen we ended up in Cafe Hyperion which was ok, Kate had a BB8 burger, which she enjoyed. I'm sure there are lots of other good QS. I'm open to suggestions. Fingers crossed you will be able to help with some ideas.

Thank you xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
No messin' about with you guys, is there?

No spoilers either- just delighted you have found that August Disney Magic we all yearn for - might not be WDW but it is better than sitting trying to see if I finished off last years trip report

That feeling walking up Main Street transcends every park in the world - feelin' that buzzing in your heart and your head

In response to your question , I have heard that the dining reservations are now live on the UK DLP site
Might let you see what is available at short notice and save a bit of walking or phone time.

Have a great time

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Yay! I've been MIA but how lovely to come back and find you in DLP! Glad it's going well so far. We mostly stuck to QS and must admit that none stand out that are worth recommending!

Hope you're both having a fab time and coping in the heat. Can't wait to read more about it x
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

Hi Abby,
So glad you made it to DLP, we got home last Friday after our spur of the moment decision to go. Like you we loved every minute! I know your just going to soak up every last wonderful minute!
As for restaurants we didn’t do any fine dining, and the day we fancied Jack Sparrows they closed at 5. We found better options for later in the evening in Disney village. Annette’s diner was fab! We all loved it there.we also did Planet Hollywood but it was disappointing-wouldn’t return there again.
We had a great quick service meal in Disneyland Park-Hakuna Matata. It was a bit different- we had a chicken wrap thing but the other options also looked good. They do a meal deal so you get a drink, side and dessert for about €15/16. We were so stuffed after that we couldn’t manage a big evening meal so went to Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village which was as good as In Florida! With the weather you could really close your eyes and think you were there! Lol! Enjoy and have an amazing time!
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
No messin' about with you guys, is there?

No spoilers either- just delighted you have found that August Disney Magic we all yearn for - might not be WDW but it is better than sitting trying to see if I finished off last years trip report

That feeling walking up Main Street transcends every park in the world - feelin' that buzzing in your heart and your head

In response to your question , I have heard that the dining reservations are now live on the UK DLP site
Might let you see what is available at short notice and save a bit of walking or phone time.

Have a great time
I figured we don't have the luxury of forward planning and so spontaneity rules at the moment. Who knows how long the borders will be open? I'm glad I took the plunge as it's so lovely to be here we're both having fun and the not having a plan means we doing what we fancy. It's quite nice actually to just wander about and decide on the spur of the moment what attraction to do.

Our last ride this evening was the Carousel and we were on it as the park closes so we were the last to ride it. It was a good feeling

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Yay! I've been MIA but how lovely to come back and find you in DLP! Glad it's going well so far. We mostly stuck to QS and must admit that none stand out that are worth recommending!

Hope you're both having a fab time and coping in the heat. Can't wait to read more about it x
Hey there we've had a great day today, made it on Crush first thing, there was no running...I thought of you I'm so tired now though, my fitbit is showing 29,854 steps for today and I even managed a nap this afternoon for an hour while we chilled out in the hotel room.

Originally Posted by mrsstitch View Post
Hi Abby,
So glad you made it to DLP, we got home last Friday after our spur of the moment decision to go. Like you we loved every minute! I know your just going to soak up every last wonderful minute!
As for restaurants we didn’t do any fine dining, and the day we fancied Jack Sparrows they closed at 5. We found better options for later in the evening in Disney village. Annette’s diner was fab! We all loved it there.we also did Planet Hollywood but it was disappointing-wouldn’t return there again.
We had a great quick service meal in Disneyland Park-Hakuna Matata. It was a bit different- we had a chicken wrap thing but the other options also looked good. They do a meal deal so you get a drink, side and dessert for about €15/16. We were so stuffed after that we couldn’t manage a big evening meal so went to Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village which was as good as In Florida! With the weather you could really close your eyes and think you were there! Lol! Enjoy and have an amazing time!
I'm glad you had such a fun trip that's awesome. I think you're right and the Village is going to be the best bet. We didn't do too bad today, we had breakfast at the Brown Derby in studios which was an omelette and bacon sandwich that I really enjoyed. Then lunch was in The Last Chance near Phantom Manor where we shared nachos and chicken wings. Then for dinner we had hotdogs from Casey's and got Ben and Jerry ice cream on the way home.

It looked at Annettes and Planet Hollywood menus, I'll scrap PH and go for Annettes although it always seems to have a long line in the evening after park close. Kate is keen to try out Earl of Sandwich and I wanted to do Hakuna Matata today, but she chose the Tex Mex at lunch so I'm glad you rated them.

Thanks so much for the tips I'll let you know what we went for x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
It sounds like you are having an absolutely amazing time and I really wish I was there! We should have been travelling today... Sounds absolutely magical and so lovely to hear about someone experiencing that Disney magic again Did you get the Welcome Back song as you walked in to the parks? That makes me cry every time I hear it!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List