Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Club level rooms at Portofino Bay. Is it worth it?

I’m torn between booking the Portofino Bay and Hard rock at the moment and was going to book a standard room but noticed that for our 3 night stay, we could get a club room at Portofino Bay for £70 per night more than a standard room, where as at Hard rock the club rooms are £100 per night extra. I have a few questions if anyone can help.
Are club rooms worth paying the extra for? Are the actual rooms any better than the standard rooms? Can we take drinks out of the club lounge to the pool etc. I notice it says they serve food on an evening but is it actual meals or just a snack?
Thanks
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Our last 4 visits to RPR were Club Level and I don't think we'd go any other way. The rooms at RPR are identical to other rooms at the resort but you are mainly placed on the 7th floor with card access to lift.

Can't say at HRH as we've only stayed in their standard rooms. Booked for Portofino this year and I believe the Club rooms are classed as deluxe and slightly bigger than standard - don't quote me. Some DIBBer will know.

Here's a good vid of the lounge food offerings at PBH. You can decide for yourself if it fits your families bill.

It's NOT all inclusive as some people are under the misapprehension. Can you get your money back in food? Possibly not but we do try our best. Breakfast is more than enough for most families. Snacks at lunch and a fairly decent offering in the evening. Some nights we do skip going out for a meal and just use the lounge. It's not quite a full meal as such but certainly enough to fill you. After to weeks on the DDP, it was a bit of light relief tbh.

The drinks are plentiful for 2 hours in the evening and there's never been a problem at RPR taking them out of the lounge. Can't say for PBH. I like the quietness of the lounge between meals for a chill out zone. Handy if you are a family sharing a room and need a bit of space.

So personaly -yes - I'd go Club.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow looks great- tempted myself to go to Portofino !
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Thank you for sharing such an informative video clip
ARAR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
I’m torn between booking the Portofino Bay and Hard rock at the moment and was going to book a standard room but noticed that for our 3 night stay, we could get a club room at Portofino Bay for £70 per night more than a standard room, where as at Hard rock the club rooms are £100 per night extra. I have a few questions if anyone can help.
Are club rooms worth paying the extra for? Are the actual rooms any better than the standard rooms? Can we take drinks out of the club lounge to the pool etc. I notice it says they serve food on an evening but is it actual meals or just a snack?
Thanks
Portofino bay is the best hotel by a country mile (though I love rpr),always stay club,as for your question,I take it the standard rooms at hr are much cheaper than pb? If so it’s personal preference,how many of you are in a room?, if just two,providing you are around for breakfast and evening nosh,worth it,if you are going out and about and won’t be back for evening,then not worth it, however if your price for pb is the same as hr then no brainer go for it,the singing from the balcony at pb every evening at 7pm is incredible and I took my drinks to courtyard from club rom,which is based on ground floor at pb, good luck,but you cannot go wrong whatever you do, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi,

We have booked these rooms a few times, sometimes we have got our use out of it and other times not so much, if you plan to be out and about arriving at the parks early and coming back late then it's probably not worth the bother.
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Can you use them on your last day (after breakfast?) I’m thinking we will get value if you can, as we will go to park for the day and then go into lounge for drinks and a snack before we leave.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
Portofino bay is the best hotel by a country mile (though I love rpr),always stay club,as for your question,I take it the standard rooms at hr are much cheaper than pb? If so it’s personal preference,how many of you are in a room?, if just two,providing you are around for breakfast and evening nosh,worth it,if you are going out and about and won’t be back for evening,then not worth it, however if your price for pb is the same as hr then no brainer go for it,the singing from the balcony at pb every evening at 7pm is incredible and I took my drinks to courtyard from club rom,which is based on ground floor at pb, good luck,but you cannot go wrong whatever you do, bondy.
3 nights at Portofino in a Bay view room (which for some reason is cheaper than a garden view) is £809 or for a club room it’s £1017. 3 nights at Hard rock is £789 garden view or £1070 for a club room.
What view do you get from a club room at Portofino Bay? We are a party of 2 adults and 2 children, so am wavering towards a club room for the price difference.
Old 21 Jan 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Thanks
Hi, we have stayed at all three hotel, hard rock, Portofino and Royal Pacific at club level, we are a family of 4/5 and definitely think it’s worth the extra money, even for the drinks and breakfast alone, you are able to take out all of the drinks available in the club room lounge, whatever Time, including water, soft drinks, also a good breakfast is available every morning to fuel yourselves before the parks, a buffet is available at certain times, usually around 5-6pm to fill yourselfs up if you are available and then later hot Chocolate and desserts, icecream, cookies etc later around 8 pm, depends how long you’re staying at the hotels and how much time you’re going to spend at the parks, but for us has been a huge saving, just to have it available as and when. Yes you are able to take out any amount of drinks from club lounge, plus snacks to use @round the pool or take to your room, or to the parks.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
Crystaljordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Mobile

Total no brainer,it has to be pb,you get breakfast,usual stuff,but not cooked other than scrambled egg, forget lunch, just nibbles, unlimited drinks throughout day,tea,coffee,sodas etc,evening you get a hot meal different each night as much as you like usually Italian themed,pasta etc,at this time adults can get free beer or wine, approx between 4.30 and 6.30pm,plus loads of other stuff, plenty of bottled water to take out or to your room,at 7pm then is a quartet of singer's, fantastic to watch from courtyard ,if you return from parks for evening Noah and have breakfast before you go as a family of 4 you will save money,as I say mega mega no brainer, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List