Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Jun 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

I read the same thing happening in a dining report on here (I'm almost positive it was Collybird's) at Planet Hollywood.

Such a tacky thing of them to do to A. charge you for souvenir glasses without asking you if you wanted them and then B. Arguing about taking them off.

Was toying with the idea of trying PH but think I'll give it a miss!

Good for you for standing your ground.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

If that happened to me i'd just take the amount off myself, leave the exact cash and walk out. I have no time for bad manners and even less time for people taking the P.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

Been going to Florida a long time but only went once to this restaurant never went back .As you say food mediocre service not great prices quite steep .Loads of other really good eating places to choose from so quite happy to leave that one alone
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We used to go to PH every trip until I realised I left it in a foul mood every time. Tables too close together and awful service. Not sure why anyone expected the refurb to change that and it sounds like it’s gotten worse. Charging you for a souvenir glass you didn’t ask for is a cheap trick and suggests a disgusting set of values in that restaurant.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Crikey that sounds bad, how can they sell you a souvenir glass when you have not had the glass. Surely the drinks where in standard glasses so you couldn't have gotten more beer than you should. Very random.
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gipsy 4 View Post
Dined last night at Planet Hollywood Disney Springs. We ordered 3 beers and 4 adults meals and 1 child’s meal. Food was mediocre (what you’d expect). Restaurant is very cramped as they’ve packed in as many tables as possible. The best entertainment was when a lady on the next table was singing along to Let it Go and when she raised her arms knocked a tray of drinks out of the servers hands!
When the bill arrived, they’d charged us $15 per beer and $3.99 for the soft drink my DD ordered with her children’s meal. (Drink was included in the price for children’s meal). When we queried it, the waitress said that the beer included a souvenir glass that we hadn’t ordered or wanted. She said she’d take one off the bill and we had to stand out ground to get them all taken off. She moved the fastest she had all night and removed our glasses even though I hadn’t finished my drink. When she returned with the amended bill she was rude and said we actually got more beer than we should have as the souvenir glasses were slightly larger. I pointed out I hadn’t finished my drink and she returned with a v small glass of beer. This was the worst customer service we have ever encountered in Florida. Avoid or if you decide to go check your bill!

We went to try and get a seat here in May because we've had some great times and food here in the past. It was a thirty minutes wait which we were happy with.

We got upstairs and when we saw how crammed the tables were, ( it was never like this in the past) we left.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Crikey that sounds bad, how can they sell you a souvenir glass when you have not had the glass. Surely the drinks where in standard glasses so you couldn't have gotten more beer than you should. Very random.
The drinks were delivered in souvenir glasses even though they hadn’t asked for them, hence the extra drink comment. She then couldn’t get the glasses off the table quick enough once they refused to pay for what they hadn’t asked for
Old 11 Jun 18, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

It may be hit and miss. We went today; the server made very clear that a few drinks were souvenir cup only. He was quick to refill glasses and game us free drinks when our mains were a bit long coming

Good entertainment during the singalongs (sweet Caroline!) but it was too loud to even order, and it would have been nice to sit in the main area in the middle rather than out on the edge which isn’t as much of an experience. Definitely ask for a middle section table!

The food was very meh. Puddings were really rubbish, although they changed the dessert to my lb’s liking. However, we had the $20 gift vouchers from attraction tickets which turned a $150 meal for 5 into a 50 dollar meal. Only reason we went in the first place!

There was some huge queues for tables for people coming in, not sure why!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by k100dmk View Post
If that happened to me i'd just take the amount off myself, leave the exact cash and walk out. I have no time for bad manners and even less time for people taking the P.
B
I did this, didn't leave a tip because of awful service, cold food etc and got chased down the stairs on my way out by the server asking me why !
Old 11 Jun 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We last went there maybe 20 years ago when we had free vouchers from Airtours and so the meal cost us nothing.
That was still too much in my view!

I also felt the place was a deathtrap and vowed never to set foot in it again and haven't.

Sad that a server feels the need to rip people off. Only one way to deal with them is the Manager. I never clash with a server I go straight over their head. Rip me off or try to rip me off equals no tip.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List