Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 27 Aug 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were due at AMI this week, we cancelled 7 days before as per Airbnb terms and got 50% back then successfully claimed the rest through my HSBC advance travel insurance, especially as the US declared it a state of emergency, they paid out without question. We swapped for a villa for the remainder and added a few nights at AOA and the late night at Magic Kingdom so the kids aren’t missing out!
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
We have a day and night booked in 2 months time, what are the chances of it being ok, don’t want to go all that way if it’s like this?

Nobody knows - the Army Corps of Engineers began another release schedule of Lake O water, on the 21st, 23rd and a heavy push on the 24th Aug. The lake has to maintain circa 12ft but has been as high as 17ft due to rains/run off. Unfortunately every conceivable north Fl run off, from pesticides to sewerage, has fermented into cyanobacteria (blue/green algae), when Lake O discharge clashes with salt water's red tide it becomes toxic/dangerous to marine, and human, life.

Salt water improvements may struggle until Lake O discharges cease.
Old 27 Aug 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Even with the red tide I have totally fallen in love with this place. It’s the most cutest quaintest place! We have decided to stay for the 3 nights. I can also highly recommend the Sunrise garden resort... simply amazing!
Old 27 Aug 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
There were reports yesterday on the Clearwater beach facebook page that the algae levels were increasing in Pinellas County, so keep an eye on that as the situation could change quite quickly.
OH NO we have cancelled our Fort Myres Beach accommodation and added extra nights to our Clearwater stay for next month
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Even with the red tide I have totally fallen in love with this place. It’s the most cutest quaintest place! We have decided to stay for the 3 nights. I can also highly recommend the Sunrise garden resort... simply amazing!
I’m so pleased you have fallen for its charm! We left this morning and I’ll admit to shedding a little tear as we crossed the bridge 😢

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Pleased to hear you stayed, we've stayed at the Sunrise Garden Resort three times now and love it.

Sure the guys are struggling enough with the loss of the pier without Red Tide on top.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsDigitrac
Getting to know the DIBB

We've been on the tip of AMI for the past two and a half weeks, going home Saturday . We love it here, have been a few times and each time we come over the causeway I feel my soul lift. Just had a walk to Rod and Reel Pier, improved from yesterday. Still a few dead fish on the shoreline and a few floating past but the water seems a little better today, no irritation and no coughing. Husband's going fishing anyway. Like others have said, it changes all the time. We did see a family group of 11 manatees yesterday swimming around near the pier though.
MrsDigitrac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are going in two weeks for 16 nights all booked via Mobi Beach rentals, staying at the North of the island, feeling slightly apprehensive to say the least if we could cancel without losing money I think I would
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsDigitrac View Post
We've been on the tip of AMI for the past two and a half weeks, going home Saturday . We love it here, have been a few times and each time we come over the causeway I feel my soul lift. Just had a walk to Rod and Reel Pier, improved from yesterday. Still a few dead fish on the shoreline and a few floating past but the water seems a little better today, no irritation and no coughing. Husband's going fishing anyway. Like others have said, it changes all the time. We did see a family group of 11 manatees yesterday swimming around near the pier though.
It’s a wonderful place! Some of the houses here 😲 are amazing. We watched the sunrise this morning from the Rod and Reel pier and saw a manatee swim past. The bay side still isn’t that good. An unbelievable amount of dead rotting fish and so many maggots. But we popped to the beach near the sand bar and it was very clear. Even the water looked a lot clearer but did still have a brown tinge. I still wouldn’t swim in it!
Old 28 Aug 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just watched a live video on facebook where they have experts trying to fix the problem. It was at Cape Coral were we stayed, they have some friendly bacteria they are going to put in the water. They use it for ponds to keep the water clear, lets hope it works!