Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Lovely trip, I’d probably have screamed at the turbulence

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Will miss your trippie this year, but look forward to next years We are converted cruisers... our first cruise was Carnival and we've tried a few since... we dont have a favourite cruise line as such... however NCL (Norweign) comes pretty close so worth considering

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Thanks for sharing your views, shame you're not doing a trip report this time
Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Will miss your trippie this year, but look forward to next years
I did do a pre-trip ... Considering still doing a full report but there is a lot more 'sitting around' compared to an Orlando holiday!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Hiya - we are back from a RC cruise, 3 nights in Bahamas - and are interested in booking Carnival next May - same itinerary as you did!

Any tips? Who to book through, whats included, whats extra - I think wifi is our only must have extra annoyingly!

RC was great, and was nervous about Carnival - just the unknown, so thanks for your reviews.

We did KW this year on read trip, so thinking of Everglades to Naples this time.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Hiya - we are back from a RC cruise, 3 nights in Bahamas - and are interested in booking Carnival next May - same itinerary as you did!

Any tips? Who to book through, whats included, whats extra - I think wifi is our only must have extra annoyingly!

RC was great, and was nervous about Carnival - just the unknown, so thanks for your reviews.

We did KW this year on read trip, so thinking of Everglades to Naples this time.
Hi

We love Carnival!

I found the wifi on the Conquest absolutely AWFUL but much better on the Sensation. I'd imagine because it was smaller and less people were using it? On the Conquest I could only get onto the wifi in the evening but on the Sensation we had no trouble at all. Definitely download the Carnival 'Hub' app before you go.

You have to pay for all drinks unless you get the drinks packages - they have a few options. Me and my DH had the drinks package as we do like a drink, but you'll have to weigh up whether or not you'll get your money's worth from it! If you don't, the only drinks that seemed to be included were water, orange juice in the morning, and then a soft sort of non-fizzy old-fashioned lemonade the rest of the day. Everything else you have to pay for. On some ships there is also a few options that are 'extra' like the sushi bar, but we didn't bother paying for any extra food as there is *so* much of it included! Guys Burgers is free but it always had a massive line. We got in there quick just after the cabins were opened for the first time and the wait was minimal.

I'd highly recommend doing an excursion if you go to Cozumel as there is not much around the cruise port itself. We loved our excursion and if you are into snorkelling then it was brilliant!

Duval Street is a really short walk from the cruise terminal and there is loads to see in the morning you are there (if your itinerary is the same then we were only there for the morning). If you are going to do a water adventure there I can highly recommend 'Fury' and I know Carnival use them as well for their pre-booked excursions.

HTH
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List