Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Oct 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
update Bubba Gumps Leicester Sq

Has anyone been to Bubba Gumps, we are going on Thursday with a Groupon voucher £27 for two! If the menu is too restricted I’ll order a couple of extras. We always wanted to go to the one in Orlando but after the parks we were too tired! Dd wanted to go for a half term treat.
UPDATE post 17

Edited at 08:11 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

DH and I ended up going there earlier this year when we were down in London for a theatre trip and didn't time finding a restaurant very well! Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised and the coconut shrimp took me right back to Bahama Breeze

Oh, I've just remembered ... we have never actually been to the one in Orlando as it always felt like having fish and chips!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

I have been - it’s just like the ones in California except you come out in the cold rain rather than warm sunshine ! Food is very similar and it’s great fun - enjoy
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have been twice and enjoyed it both times, reminds us of Florida until you get back outside!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
DH and I ended up going there earlier this year when we were down in London for a theatre trip and didn't time finding a restaurant very well! Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised and the coconut shrimp took me right back to Bahama Breeze

Oh, I've just remembered ... we have never actually been to the one in Orlando as it always felt like having fish and chips!
I love Bahama Breeze
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Rubbish, regret going. Meal not hot, missed off items, very expensive for can of drink (v refillable drinks in Orlando), poor service, no quiz, no reply to complaint. Wouldn't go back.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Rubbish, regret going. Meal not hot, missed off items, very expensive for can of drink (v refillable drinks in Orlando), poor service, no quiz, no reply to complaint. Wouldn't go back.
Oh dear sounds bad, for £27 I’m sure it will be ok!
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I have been a couple of times , early evening seems better for some reason.

Went with DH in the daytime and the food seemed sad and dry and the server was a nightmare, He just would'nt leave us alone, he was not from the UK and did'nt seem to take the British hint of move away now we want to enjoy our meal!

After 5pm the food seemed fresher and they were too busy to hang about .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Been a few times. It's ok. The one in Florida is better - mainly because the staff in Orlando are all American and over-the-top and enthusiastic, and you get quizzed etc.

The UK one is not quite like that (and, to be fair, I found the New York one very much like the UK one), but the food is very similar and the place looks the same.
Old 22 Oct 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

We went in April it was AWFUL was approx £90 for 2 adults and 2 kids 13 and 11 ... never again, the food and service both not good, it was frozen food re heated ..nothing fresh, we should have gone to McDonalds