Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Sep 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Loving this! Commending you on the cocktails. I also ended up with a double yeti blast last year as they'd run out of one of the flavours.

Pleased you liked BoG lunch as we're trying that for the first time.

Also, to be honest, I don't think you have enough snacks - looks rather restrained to me. No sarcasm!

Hope you're having an amazing time.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

Love a food blog! Those pizzas looked delish!
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some great food so far I'm enjoying reading along

Joan
Old 17 Sep 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Loving this! Commending you on the cocktails. I also ended up with a double yeti blast last year as they'd run out of one of the flavours.

Pleased you liked BoG lunch as we're trying that for the first time.

Also, to be honest, I don't think you have enough snacks - looks rather restrained to me. No sarcasm!

Hope you're having an amazing time.
We're having an incredible time, thankyou!

And thankyou for your snack reassurance. They've pretty much all gone and we're only 4 days in

Originally Posted by TigerGirl View Post
Love a food blog! Those pizzas looked delish!
They were amazing! Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Some great food so far I'm enjoying reading along

Joan
Thankyou Joan!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 4 - 16th September 2017

I didn't wake up properly until 7.40am! Finally, some proper sleep! We still didn't manage to leave the room until well after 9am though (we are not morning people). Animal Kingdom was on the agenda for this morning and after a couple of rides (the safari and River Journey), we decided to grab some food to share from Satu'li Canteen. This was mainly for the novelty factor rather than expecting the food to be amazing but it was actually really good! And filling - one lot of the Cheeseburger Pods and a Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse was a perfect early lunch for the two of us. We also had the Pandoran Sunrise as our dining plan drink, which was fruity and refreshing.

After a couple of hours back at the hotel relaxing, we wandered over to the Boardwalk (love the Yacht Club location!) and ordered a large pizza from the Pizza Window. We got half cheese and half signature (which at the moment is Italian sausage, onions, peppers and balsamic glaze) plus two bags of Lays as our sides and two bottles of water. This was all two QS credits and the pizza was really good. We ate some of it back in our room (as it was SO hot outside) before heading off to Hollywood Studios.

We went on Toy Story Mania and Rock n Roller and then went and checked in at the Launch Bay for our Star Wars Dessert Party. I really wasn't sure what to expect and had read a few mixed reviews but we loved it! I booked it as a surprise for Ainge as we're both massive Star Wars fans. It was a bit chaotic at the various buffet stations to begin with but it soon quietened down. I totally failed to get pictures of the buffet but there was loads of food. Brownies, bread pudding, fruit, olives, cheese, flatbreads with dips, cupcakes, little mini pistachio and cherry cakes, rice crispy treats and... freeze dried Nutella! There were also 4 cocktails on offer, which were mixed for you by a bartender, and they were STRONG. There were soft drinks too but they weren't on our agenda

Bonus image of a couple of Stormtroopers scoping out the sweet treats ...

We were then all given a (ridiculously, hilariously big) TIE Fighter souvenir popcorn bucket each and led to a reserved viewing area for the Galactic Spectacular. The view was totally unobstructed and we loved the show.

Although the dessert party cost $69 each, I actually think it was well worth it. Although, maybe not so much if you're not going to drink the cocktails

Edited at 01:36 PM.
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Day 4 - 16th September 2017

I didn't wake up properly until 7.40am! Finally, some proper sleep! We still didn't manage to leave the room until well after 9am though (we are not morning people). Animal Kingdom was on the agenda for this morning and after a couple of rides (the safari and River Journey), we decided to grab some food to share from Satu'li Canteen. This was mainly for the novelty factor rather than expecting the food to be amazing but it was actually really good! And filling - one lot of the Cheeseburger Pods and a Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse was a perfect early lunch for the two of us. We also had the Pandoran Sunrise as our dining plan drink, which was fruity and refreshing.

After a couple of hours back at the hotel relaxing, we wandered over to the Boardwalk (love the Yacht Club location!) and ordered a large pizza from the Pizza Window. We got half cheese and half signature (which at the moment is Italian sausage, onions, peppers and balsamic glaze) plus two bags of Lays as our sides and two bottles of water. This was all two QS credits and the pizza was really good. We ate some of it back in our room (as it was SO hot outside) before heading off to Hollywood Studios.

We went on Toy Story Mania and Rock n Roller and then went and checked in at the Launch Bay for our Star Wars Dessert Party. I really wasn't sure what to expect and had read a few mixed reviews but we loved it! I booked it as a surprise for Ainge as we're both massive Star Wars fans. It was a bit chaotic at the various buffet stations to begin with but it soon quietened down. I totally failed to get pictures of the buffet but there was loads of food. Brownies, bread pudding, fruit, olives, cheese, flatbreads with dips, cupcakes, little mini pistachio and cherry cakes, rice crispy treats and... freeze dried Nutella! There were also 4 cocktails on offer, which were mixed for you by a bartender, and they were STRONG. There were soft drinks too but they weren't on our agenda

Bonus image of a couple of Stormtroopers scoping out the sweet treats ...

We were then all given a (ridiculously, hilariously big) TIE Fighter souvenir cup each and led to a reserved viewing area for the Galactic Spectacular. The view was totally unobstructed and we loved the show.

Although the dessert party cost $69 each, I actually think it was well worth it. Although, maybe not so much if you're not going to drink the cocktails
The cheeseburger pods keep popping on and off my list. I think I'm worried they'll be gherkiny (is a word) which would bother me a lot.

Glad you enjoyed the dessert party! We priced it up but felt for us the money would be better spent on a bar crawl in DS or Epcot - I'm not a dessert person so would have to drink a lot of strong grog in a short time to get some decent ROI. Not saying I wouldn't be up for the challenge though...
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Great pics, definitely want to try the cheeseburger pods!
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hmm, I keep wondering about the star wars dessert party... it looks fab and DH and DS LOVE star wars, but the price for 4 people sort of puts me off when we have the DDP for 'free'...more to think about I guess.

It seems that you are having a fab time. Can't wait to read what happens next.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
The cheeseburger pods keep popping on and off my list. I think I'm worried they'll be gherkiny (is a word) which would bother me a lot.

Glad you enjoyed the dessert party! We priced it up but felt for us the money would be better spent on a bar crawl in DS or Epcot - I'm not a dessert person so would have to drink a lot of strong grog in a short time to get some decent ROI. Not saying I wouldn't be up for the challenge though...
I didn't find the cheeseburger pods gherkiny (it's a word now) at all. It's more of an all-over cheeseburger taste, if that makes any sense?!

I'm not a dessert person either really but loaded up on cheese, flatbreads and olives! And far too many cocktails

Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
Great pics, definitely want to try the cheeseburger pods!
Thankyou! I'd definitely recommend them for something different!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hmm, I keep wondering about the star wars dessert party... it looks fab and DH and DS LOVE star wars, but the price for 4 people sort of puts me off when we have the DDP for 'free'...more to think about I guess.

It seems that you are having a fab time. Can't wait to read what happens next.
Oh I totally agree! I could just about deal with the price for two of us but for four people it is a LOT of cash. It was really fun though and you get marched to your viewing area by two stormtroopers!

We're off to do drinks around the world at Epcot today
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Ooh that food at Pandora looks SO good, that's seriously one of the things I'm most excited to try. I don't even like cheesecake but that dome !

Yummy pizza, sounds like a fab little dinner before HS. And that dessert party looks a thousand times better than the MK one - although I'd have been totalling devo'd not to be able to have the free cocktails. Really glad you are having such a wonderful time
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List