Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh wow, some fab meals were had!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Loving this!
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Brilliant so far. Looking forward to the rest. Have got some tips for next year!
Old 12 Nov 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Loving this and really getting me in the mood for our holiday in 2 weeks time.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous food report off to find the rest of it!
Old 12 Nov 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start, thanks for sharing
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 10 - The Mara, Contempo Cafe, Sleepy Hollow

OK, food report back in the correct forum. Many thanks to everyone for lovely comments. Gives me a spur to complete it! Also good to know our experiences (good and bad) can help others with planning.

Let's carry on with Day 10...

We decided to have some breakfast in the Mara today to burn up some of those dining credits. I went easy and had a granola yoghurt (snack credit and no photo) , DW the cinnamon bun.

The others went for waffles

subbing their drinks for cakes for later before we all headed to Blizzard Beach for the morning.

We headed back to AKL at lunchtime as today was a golf day at The Palm course. I therefore threw down a hand carved sandwich from the Mara which came with a nippy dressing which was good and pretty tasty

and a candy bar brownie.
Talk about a sugar overload... this thing was dense. I was just about climbing walls...

While I was golfing, DW had a solo day at MK and the nearby resorts. She tells me she had one of these...

Citrus Swirl from the Sunshine Tree Terrace (snack credit).

She and I then managed at different times to visit the Contempo Café in the Contempory Resort and picked the same meal!

This turkey sandwich was great and one of the best QS meals of the trip. Very juicy and very tasty.

DW also managed a cupcake

Grandparents and grandson had a lazy day to themselves and had some flatbreads from the Mara

and zebra domes/cookie for puddy before we all joined up later in MK.

DW had a Nutella/fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow later in the evening, which she raved about and we shared a juice.

DS managed another pretzel (don’t know where he puts it….).

A great day was rounded off with Happily Ever After again from a better spot!
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 11 - The Plaza, Earl of Sandwich, Ghirardelli

Early start for a full day at MK with breakfast in the room.

We kept going until our ADR at The Plaza at 1100. We had loved this in 2016 but sadly it didn’t work for us this year. It wasn’t bad, it just had a few issues. I’ll be honest and say it is a glorified quick service for me in any case.

The restaurant was freezing for one. We sat shivering and then decided to make it worse by having milkshakes (which were admittedly awesome….)

Mint Choc chip

Chocolate

and Strawberry

The mains arrived – Brisket burger for me and MIL

chicken burger for DW

plain burger for DS

and the meat loaf for FIL.

Sadly the food was cold, the fries in particular tasted like they had been sat for some time. The server tried his best and brought out replacements reasonably quickly but the damage had been done. FIL thought the meat loaf was pretty good although when I saw it I didn’t think that would be his opinion!

The desserts were fine although not startling. I had really enjoyed the apple pie last time which was warmed but this time it was cold and not as good.

The others picked through theirs. Brownie sundaes (which are way too big)

and apple pies all round.

I thought it was a fairly average meal and not one we would return to in a hurry. Shame really, great views though of the Castle….

Having booked a villa next year at SSR we decided it would be a good time to pay it a visit and have a recce of the resort and we were well impressed! Food offerings at the Artist Pallete looked good too!

We then parked up and walked the short path to Disney Springs and had tea at Earl of Sandwich.

As always it was great. No menu needed here….originals for DW and I

pizza flatbread for DS
and some potato chips.

FIL and MIL went for the original and Hawaiian BBQ.

Somehow, DW and DS managed a one scooper from Ghirardellis espresso and choc chip (with choc sauce) -snack credit each.

A nice chilled day...

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I'm drooling!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig

Scotscraig's Reviews
Day 12- The Mara, AK snacks, Epcot F&W

The day of snacks…..
We used up some QS credits first thing in the Mara for 3 snacks for some breakfast bits and bobs and a rice crispy treat (to try it! – pretty naff).

Orange and chocolate chip muffins

[APP]

It was then on to AK today. We decided to have a mix and match lunch.

MIL /FIL and DS had some flatbreads to share from Pizzafari and a couple of trays of garlic knots which were pretty dry I’m afraid.

I wandered along to Eight Spoon café and decided on an ‘eyes bigger then bellyitis’ moment and ordered three snacks using a QS credit (2 x pulled pork mac and cheese and a pretzel – which DS polished off)

and some chilli fries from Restaurantasaurus, where we grabbed seats and ate it all.

Fries were good, mac and cheese - pretty naff to be honest…

Bellies filled, we burned the food off with some walking in the park before deciding on an afternoon snack. DS had a premium sandwich bar and I spotted this at The Tamu Tamu refreshments in Harambe...
It was cracking...

Not to be outdone, DW and the in laws had some chocolate/vanilla soft serve swirls from the Anandapur truck...

After a quick rest back at the resort be bussed to Epcot for our food and wine evening.

We had shown the in-laws the F&W menus before we left the UK and we weren’t convinced they fancied it, and we were proved right within a couple of booths….They decided they would rather have a fish supper from the Yorkshire County which they shared.

DS had his own and and he then had his other tradition with a single scoop of chocolate icy from Les Artisans des Glaces in France.

DW and I however ploughed on and burned a fair few snacks. Some beers and cider to start and visits to Flavours from Fire

for the sweet pancake wth spicy chipotle sausage, onion jam and maple butter syrup
It was decent enough.

Active Eats

for loaded mac 'n' cheese

As always really good...

Islands of the Carribean

where we had the Jamaican beef patty with mango salsa.
This was really good and piping hot...

Patagonia

where we had the beef empanada.
Now for you Scots out there, this was just like a steak bridie. Would have been enhanced by a good dollop o' broon sauce... (translation - a beef pasty with some HP sauce)

New Zealand next

for a lamb meatball (sorry for once, no photo)

and Australia (for a Lamington for MIL).

After a cheeky fast pass on Soarin’ it was some more alcohol and a trip to Canada

for cheddar cheese soup

and the Filet Mignon

which this year was bogging and almost raw…

Feeling a bit fuller by now we finished the savoury part in Morocco with some hummus fries and a Kefta pocket.

Having a sweet tooth we stopped in the American pavilion for some chocolate mousse which the others shared

and I stopped at Kringla Bakery in Norway for a cream puff which was good but I did feel a tad spewy after it. Probably the mountain of cream on it…..

Not sure the F & W entirely worked for us this year – food was a bit bland and not very hot and we didn’t really enjoy it as much as previous years, and I for one didn’t think the food was as good in quality or portion size. Good use of DP snacks however. We may give it a miss next year.

Still a good night though….