Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Apr 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Excited to read this once it gets going!

Also, you may know but in case you didn't, if you get the Lapu Lapu on the DDP it has to be in a glass, not in the pineapple personally I think it's all about the pineapple (its basically just a load of rum with no real flavour) so if you don't get that its not really worth it. They have much nicer cocktails there (only IMHO) so if I were you I'd get something else!
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by chazb View Post
Fab report. We are arriving at Saratoga on the 18th may with our 13 month old and 2 girls 4 & 5. Will be following this excitedly. Not long to go for you now xx
Thanks hun will try and update the report as soon as I can. We are so excited, it can't come quick enough. Hope you have a good holiday too xx

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Such a shame that your bread service got forgotten at Sanaa. Glad you're giving it another go as it was one of my favorite meals on our trip last year!

I enjoyed Ohana but I don't think it's a must do for me. Quite a chaotic, noisy atmosphere and it felt quite rushed. The food was amazing though!

Very jealous of Boma - would love to go!
We always hear such good reviews about Sanaa that I wanted to try again. Fingers crossed for a better outcome this time.

I totally agree about O'hana, if my opinions still the same this year I don't think we will go again in 2019

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Excited to read this once it gets going!

Also, you may know but in case you didn't, if you get the Lapu Lapu on the DDP it has to be in a glass, not in the pineapple personally I think it's all about the pineapple (its basically just a load of rum with no real flavour) so if you don't get that its not really worth it. They have much nicer cocktails there (only IMHO) so if I were you I'd get something else!
Thank you so much for the tip, I only wanted to try it for the pineapple!
We are paying OOP for this meal, as my dad has paid for it as a Christmas gift. We aren't big drinkers so the free alcohol will be a big shock for us, but we are looking forward to the challenge.

Are you there now? If so are you doing a food report, as I loved reading yours x
Old 23 May 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Pre- Travel Day Update

Hi all, we got back yesterday from our amazing holiday and thought I would start the report straight away to help fight the Disney Blues.
Hope you enjoy!

Pre-Travel Day:

After checking in at our hotel, we wanted to find somewhere for Dinner. We tried the Weatherspoon’s but staff kept walking past and ignoring us while we were waiting at the podium. After 5 minutes we decided to try Giraffe instead as they were greeting their customer’s straight away

Giraffe, Gatwick Airport:
We started by ordering drinks, I had a coke while John ordered a Mango Mama. The Mango Mama was a mixture of mango, banana and strawberry.

John really enjoyed this drink, he said it was really refreshing and a nice change as it isn’t something we would normally order.
We ordered a garlic bread to share as a starter, we were both starving by this point. The food came out really quickly and I was glad we ordered one to share as the portion size was massive.

This was lovely! I personally love warm Naan bread and it reminded me of that but a little bit thinner. The garlic wasn’t overpowering but there was a hit of chili on it which I don’t remember being mentioned on the menu so it was a bit of a surprise.
For mains, John ordered the Smokey Joe Burger for £12.95
“Beef Patty, smoky bacon, smoked cheddar, mixed leaves and tomato with our special sauce”

I ordered the Rodeo Chicken Burger which was also £12.95
“Chicken breast, smoky bacon, onion rings, BBQ sauce, smoked cheddar, field mushrooms, mixed leaves, tomatoes, and mayo”

I forgot to take a photo of mine, well I’m sure I did but I can’t find it. Either way, I don’t have a photo of it for you lovely lot 😊

We enjoyed both our mains, the burgers were nice but not anything to shout home about. The cheese reminded me of the plastic cheese you get in America, which I really like. We did have to rush the burgers though as Aiden had woken up halfway through our meal.

Overall, we enjoyed our meal at Giraffe and would happily return. The service was really good and quick in there, which for us was a bonus with a baby.

Edited at 04:45 PM.
Tangled88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Woohoooo you've started.

Welcome back glad to hear you had a fab time.

Great first instalment, could eat some of that garlic bread right now.

Thanks for including the menu description too, I find them really useful.

Can't wait for more!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Brilliant! Keep it coming 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yay! Love a good report!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Great start, going to enjoy reading more.
Old 23 May 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh you've started. I hope you had a really brilliant time. I can't wait to see all the yummy meals!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great start
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great start looking forward to more😊
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List