Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Jun 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Travel Day:

Sorry for the delay, I've had problems getting the photos to upload.

Thank you for all the comments.

Travel Day:

Wondertree, Gatwick Airport

Travel day had finally arrived and for breakfast, we went to Wondertree after going through security.
I ordered scrambled egg on toast, on normal white bread
“With roasted cherry tomatoes on toasted focaccia or free from gluten bread”

John ordered the little breakfast, minus the egg due to his intolerance. John was offered a substitute for the egg and chose mushrooms.

“Pork and herb sausage, bacon, free range egg, Heinz baked beans and grilled tomato.”

The food was so nice and fresh, we were really happy that we chose to eat here. The food came out within 5 minutes of us ordering and our server was exceptional. Not only did the server look after us, he also filled Aiden’s bottles for the flight with boiling water which took away a lot of my anxiety about the flight. Aiden is allergic to milk so we couldn’t take pre-made formula so I was panicking about where I could get boiling water from after security as I was unsure if they could give this to you. It sounds silly looking back but first time traveling with a new born and all that!

We paid by card £21.50 including drinks but we left our server a tip via cash. We don’t usually tip in the UK, unless it’s a large family booking or the service has been exceptional but we felt it was warranted today.

British Airways

At the start of the flight, we were given sour cream and chive pretzels with drinks of our choice. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture, trip report fail I know!
For dinner, we were offered a chicken dish with wedges, spinach, cheese, crackers, salad and cheesecake for dessert.

John declared this as "the best plane food I have ever eaten" which is good praise from him since he doesn’t usually eat the food served during the flight. I had a meal deal from WHSmiths that I had purchased earlier as I knew I wouldn’t like the food provided by BA.

At some point in the flight, we were given a fruity flapjack, I think we were also offered a sandwich but we declined. I know John couldn’t eat it due to the mayonnaise on the sandwich. BA didn’t have any alternative but it wasn’t an issue as we knew we would get something to eat later at Disney Springs.
John was however deeply upset when we were offered Magnum icecreams, as these used to be his favorite! I also declined my Magnum as I didn’t think it would be fair on John, such a good wife I know lol

D-Luxe Burger, Disney Springs
After checking into our hotel, we went down to Disney Springs and decided to try D-Luxe Burger for dinner. We both ordered the same, which doesn’t usually happen but we both went for the 'Southern Burger'.
“Signature blend beef patty topped with fried green tomatoes, pimento cheese, lettuce, grilled onion and bacon”

We had two soft drinks and a portion of fried to share. The fries would have been $4.99 but we used a snack credit. The burgers we had cooked medium as recommended and I can’t say we were disappointed. The burger was divine and the cheese really gave it a nice kick. I was really taken back by the size of the burger as it was massive and neither of us could finish it.

The only thing I wasn’t keen on is the amount of grease, juice and water that was coming out of the burger and sitting in the paper tray. We couldn’t decide if it was grease or not but it wasn’t very pleasant as halfway through, the burger bun was kind of ruined (as they insist on putting the lettuce at the bottom) which is a shame as the patty and fillings were great.
We hardly touched the fries as we struggled to finish the burgers, but the fries were really nice which surprised me for a Disney counter service restaurant.

That's all for our travel day, will try and get Day 1 up quickly now the photos are uploading xx

Edited at 12:36 PM.
Tangled88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh you've started. I hope you had a really brilliant time. I can't wait to see all the yummy meals!
Thank you we really did have a great time, even though the weather wasn't great at times x

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Woohoooo you've started.

Welcome back glad to hear you had a fab time.

Great first instalment, could eat some of that garlic bread right now.

Thanks for including the menu description too, I find them really useful.

Can't wait for more!
Thanks hun, I tried to make a note of the descriptions to help my memory when doing the report. Glad you find them useful x
Old 6 Jun 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

That burger looks delicious, although I rarely have them in the states as I hate them pink even though I like my steak almost still mooing.
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab report so far, can’t wait to hear how you got on as I have a 6 month old myself!

Any tips for travelling v welcome
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Your Giraffe meal looks nice, I really like it there. Love the Mango Mama!

The drippy grease issue is the one reason we haven’t tried D-Luxe yet. I’ve seen a few people say the same and I’m not a fan of a soggy burger. The burger you chose is the one I really want to try though, might have to risk it next year!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by redredshopper View Post
That burger looks delicious, although I rarely have them in the states as I hate them pink even though I like my steak almost still mooing.
It's the only burger I have ever eaten in the States, so I'm unsure as to how it compares x

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Your Giraffe meal looks nice, I really like it there. Love the Mango Mama!

The drippy grease issue is the one reason we haven’t tried D-Luxe yet. I’ve seen a few people say the same and I’m not a fan of a soggy burger. The burger you chose is the one I really want to try though, might have to risk it next year!
I totally get what you mean. I'm glad we went and tried it. We went back again later in the holiday, but next year I think we will give it a miss.

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Fab report so far, can’t wait to hear how you got on as I have a 6 month old myself!

Any tips for travelling v welcome
Thanks! Aiden was such a dream to travel with. I will do a full report once I've completed the food one.

The only thing we didn't take into account was delaying with jetlag and a baby on our return... Don't think i'd want to do it again lol x
Old 6 Jun 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Great start x
Old 6 Jun 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Loving your report :-)
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Great updates, really enjoying reading along. x
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to the rest 😊 Thanks for taking the time 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List