Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jul 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Alamo check in

Hi
We have booked a people carrier through Alamo brits for next month. I’m sure I’ve read somewhere you can check in on line and bypass the desk, is that right or have I dreamt it.
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MEGGYJOE View Post
Hi
We have booked a people carrier through Alamo brits for next month. I’m sure I’ve read somewhere you can check in on line and bypass the desk, is that right or have I dreamt it.
One of the main attractions for us (and scores of other Dibbers) in using Alamo at MCO, MIA, TPA and FLL is the ability to skip the counter.

I've done it with Andy at DFCH about 4 times in the last couple of years but the process through Brits maybe a bit different. You need to get to "On line check-in" in your booking and you'll get a piece of paper with a bar code. That, together with D/L and CC (or a compliant debit card) is what you need at the barrier.

Mick
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sorry to hijack the thread but... I’ve booked Alamo through Pillinger. The voucher hey have sent says DH and up to 3 drivers- they’ve said to just show my driving licence at the booth when we leave - is this correct? Am looking to do online check in and skip the counter (we fly to Miami) so will we still be able to do this? Also do I add the fuel option at check in or when we leave the booth. Thanks
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by choccyface View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread but... I’ve booked Alamo through Pillinger. The voucher hey have sent says DH and up to 3 drivers- they’ve said to just show my driving licence at the booth when we leave - is this correct? Am looking to do online check in and skip the counter (we fly to Miami) so will we still be able to do this? Also do I add the fuel option at check in or when we leave the booth. Thanks
Sorry I'm not an expert on every car hire broker but in theory you can do OLCI with any third party provider.

You need this form and an Alamo 10 digit reference number starting something like 128xxxxxxx.

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Enter details and you'll get a form asking for D/L and flight details. Beware the USA date format. Next step is a piece of paper with a bar code.

Not done STC at MIA but daughter has. You can also add fuel service at the barrier.

Mick
Old 14 Jul 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Can I ask. If you have a GPS unit listed as part of your rental. Will entering your reference number ensure that I still get one? Same for additional drivers? How does this work with on line check in?

Edited at 04:02 PM.
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bobby_1970 View Post
Can I ask. If you have a GPS unit listed as part of your rental. Will entering your reference number ensure that I still get one? Same for additional drivers? How does this work with on line check in?
Doing online check in and skip the counter has no bearing on extras booked such as child seats, extra drivers, GPS etc. Nor does it change the number of drivers relative to that booking.
What it does do is hugely speed up the check in process and allows you to go straight to the row of cars in places that have skip the counter.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Doing online check in and skip the counter has no bearing on extras booked such as child seats, extra drivers, GPS etc. Nor does it change the number of drivers relative to that booking.
What it does do is hugely speed up the check in process and allows you to go straight to the row of cars in places that have skip the counter.
So, if I have a GPS included in my rental voucher, and I do online check in, whichever car I pick from the garage will have a GPS unit in it?

I'm just looking a the online check in page and skip the counter pages right now, entered my ref no. and its all there. Do I need to manually add my driving license info? and also my additional drivers (wifes) details here, even though I have an additional driver included in my rental?
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So, if I have a GPS included in my rental voucher, and I do online check in, whichever car I pick from the garage will have a GPS unit in it?

I'm just looking a the online check in page and skip the counter pages right now, entered my ref no. and its all there. Do I need to manually add my driving license info? and also my additional drivers (wifes) details here, even though I have an additional driver included in my rental?
HI. The Sat Nav unit is the old fashioned stick on the windscreen thingy. It will be given to you at the Alamo Hut in the garage or more likely at the exit barrier. Don't forget it!
If you don't collect it they will bill you for a lost one on your return as they expect one back!

Now some cars will have Sat Nav in anyhow, but they may not work as Americans pay for theirs and the rental cars come with short validity on the license.

Correct, enter both license details at OLCI stage.

Edited at 04:27 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Is it just me, or are some of the date fields DD/MM/YYYY, and then some MM/DD/YYYY?
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Is it just me, or are some of the date fields DD/MM/YYYY, and then some MM/DD/YYYY?
Not you, their website is pretty poor. Like an ESTA take your time doing it.