Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Aug 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Shame about the server but the food looks so lovely. I remember the dinner here from your last report, definitely one I want for the next report I think. I have no idea how your managing to keep this updated whilst your there! Hope the rain improves for you x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Wow that cinnamon bun looks amazing. So glad I've got this booked for our first Disney morning. My kids will definitely also be testing out the rotation!
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Love Garden Grill breakfast. The sticky bun is lovely.

I also had that bourbon sweet tea cocktail at polite pig. It was more bourbon than tea. Gave it to OH to finish.
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post

I'm so glad to have helped with your planning now you've just got to narrow down from the massive menu what to have. That's one of the bonuses for us as there are lot of us we can share stuff and get a taste of lots of things.

Think it has to be the BBQ cheddar sausage for me and brussel sprouts! I will probably change my mind a few times between now and then A great value QS especially with the drinks! Going to read the Garden Grill report now - always one of our favourites
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Oh we loved Garden Grill last time - we'll miss it as we are only only the QS!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I’ve always fancied garden grill but I’ve not dare book it due to the rotation. I’m hyper sensitive to that kind of movement (one of the reasons I probably won’t ever get to do a cruise 😫 ) as I’m really worried it would make me feel a little sick? Do you notice the rotation much?

Kat
It's barely noticeable. It takes the kids ages to get into that sliding position. Xx

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Garden Grill we also enjoyed, I think the fruit and Cinnamon bun are delicious. It’s a bit pricey, what isn’t in Disney, but worth it👍
We are spoilt by the ddp I don't notice the cost. It's just 1 credit to me.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Love garden grill breakfast
I loved it but I think next time I will have to go for dinner as that's my favourite.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Nice! I think I’ll pop in on my Disney Springs day

I also saw your comments re: BOG - DxDDP credits are interchangeable but I’m thinking it may be worth switching to a CP breakfast... I’m just nervous to do a character breakfast solo. Though I do love the idea of being in the parks at 8am when it doesn’t open until 9 - if only for some pics without too many people in them

My BOG breakfast reservation is 8:30 so was hoping to get an earlier time. I may do a reservation alert. I do love the Crystal Palace buffet breakfast and it would be a use of 1 TS for either one.
I have very little experience of early adr slots so I can't really recommend or offer advice. We've also never done CP breakfast as I really like the dinner buffet there.

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
some great meals already, will have to give Tony's another chance, it's got such a prime location in the MK it needs to be good. Polite Pig and Garden Grill both look lovely and seems like you're having a great time
Thanks. Given you've got insider knowledge with an authentic Italian I'm worrying my recommendation won't go down so well with your DW as she might not like the food as much as I did!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Shame about the server but the food looks so lovely. I remember the dinner here from your last report, definitely one I want for the next report I think. I have no idea how your managing to keep this updated whilst your there! Hope the rain improves for you x
Apparently there is a tropical storm out near the Bahamas and we are hoping it doesn't develop into hurricane. The rain is on and off every few hours. We are at discovery cove this morning and we did our dolphin swim in rain!

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
Wow that cinnamon bun looks amazing. So glad I've got this booked for our first Disney morning. My kids will definitely also be testing out the rotation!
It was a good cinnamon bun. That will be a fab first morning.

Originally Posted by ch1ps View Post
Love Garden Grill breakfast. The sticky bun is lovely.

I also had that bourbon sweet tea cocktail at polite pig. It was more bourbon than tea. Gave it to OH to finish.
That's why Dave liked the cocktail I think!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Think it has to be the BBQ cheddar sausage for me and brussel sprouts! I will probably change my mind a few times between now and then A great value QS especially with the drinks! Going to read the Garden Grill report now - always one of our favourites
As long as you get the Brussels!

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
Oh we loved Garden Grill last time - we'll miss it as we are only only the QS!
Shame that you aren't visiting GG again...next time

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Hmm highly sceptical that there’s only two booths that sit six or more at Garden Grill, I am going to investigate this when we go this year. I really like the fruit at Garden Grill, it’s a nice mixture instead of just the bowl of melon you see many places. Oh, your skillet looks so good, those tater tots are golden brown.

Very happy you enjoyed your breakfast, I was worried you would regret not having your traditional lunch/dinner. What did your parents think of the characters?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Garden Grill food looks amazing and well done on keeping this so updated while you’re out there

The cinnamon bun skillet definitely looks very moreish and I love the little sauces brought out for the Mickey waffles... chocolate sauce 🤤

Seems like everyone is having a fab time. How’s Dad coping with the breakfasts?
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Day 2 Pre dinner snack and cocktail QS dinner and snacks at HS

I had my first pool cocktail. This is a paid for cocktail from the bar. It was a Bourbon Breeze and very tasty.

While getting ready to go out Max let me and Kate share one slice of his pizza left over from Tony's and he had the other 3 slices...he's very generous.

After our huge Garden Grill breakfast none of us were particularly hungry. We went to HS in the evening for a couple of shows, Indy and Frozen singalong (even Dad sang) and Fantasmic.

After Indy we stopped for our second Mickey shaped food...the Mickey pretzel with cheese. We shared 3 between the 6 of us. Perhaps not enjoyed as much by Mum as by the rest of us, maybe more of an acquired taste.

Kate had been interested in the grilled cheese from Woody's for dinner and I had been interested in the adult lemonade but we skipped this and went to Min and Bill's Dockside Diner.

We had 4 QS credits. Loaded Nachos which we all enjoyed, mostly shared by Mum, Kate and me.

Max had the foot long hot dog with pulled pork and coleslaw except he didn't have coleslaw, this came with chips (crisps) as did all the hot dogs and we saved those for the kids as a healthy breakfast the following day. He ate most of it and I had some of the sausage and pork.

Dad and Dave both had the chilli cheese foot long hot dog. They liked them well enough...its a hot dog there's not much to say.

As the 4 QS drinks we got 3 beers for me, Dad and Dave plus a soda for Mum. She was surprised at how big it was.

The kids wanted milkshakes so Max had chocolate and Kate had vanilla. When the vanilla was served the lady realised she'd given us a small cup and so gave us a second. The kids liked these but they were difficult to drink with the paper straw and a spoon ended up being easier. I think Dad had Kate's second shake as pudding as she couldn't finish it.

Before heading into Fantasmic we got 2 ice cream cookie sandwiches from Hollywood Scoops for me and for Mum and Dad to share. These were as tasty as ever.

Fantastic was great even if it was raining again. The rain didn't put people off as the stadium was still very full.

So, today was the first ice cream cookie sandwich, more to follow on day 3 and the first paid for cocktail. I hope you are all in agreement that I'm trying hard to fulfill my objectives.

Round up of credits for day 2 to follow. I realised we had been very poor at eating snacks so day 3 I decided to resolve this by getting all the snacks at MK plus we had dinner at Crystal Palace.

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hmm highly sceptical that there’s only two booths that sit six or more at Garden Grill, I am going to investigate this when we go this year. I really like the fruit at Garden Grill, it’s a nice mixture instead of just the bowl of melon you see many places. Oh, your skillet looks so good, those tater tots are golden brown.

Very happy you enjoyed your breakfast, I was worried you would regret not having your traditional lunch/dinner. What did your parents think of the characters?
Yes I was too, but I didn't want to argue and as you know I didn't want a table as the booths feel more special. The tots were so tasty. Really yummy. My parents didn't really talk to the characters but I think they enjoyed seeing Kate and me interact with them.

They have been really impressed with all the food, not the buses though

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Garden Grill food looks amazing and well done on keeping this so updated while you’re out there

The cinnamon bun skillet definitely looks very moreish and I love the little sauces brought out for the Mickey waffles... chocolate sauce 🤤

Seems like everyone is having a fab time. How’s Dad coping with the breakfasts?
Well Dad did cope pretty well with the breadfast today at Discovery Cove so he's doing pretty well.