Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Sep 09, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alanda View Post
All of the above

If you don't want to get wet, don't go on the wet rides!

Ponchos are for wimps

yup totally agree

we dont mind getting wet when the temp is in the 90 s
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 09, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Omg bilge rat barges is like nothing i have ever seen before for getting you drenched i was quite happy last time to sit nice and dry while dh and dd,s went on it over and over some of the states coming off it were hilariouswell ive decided to brave it this time only if i take a spare set of clothes in rucksack im not up for wandering round dripping wet if i get wet trousers i start to get a bit of chafing going on im sure some of you ladies will sympathize with me in that dept its the curse of having chunky thighs
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 09, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

It can be hit or miss with Kali River Rapids at AK - it depends if you are facing backwards when going down the drop. Last year DS and I were absolutely soaked, whereas the trip before - I came off bone dry
Old 10 Sep 09, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mmorrice
Apprentice Imagineer

Yep Bluto's Barges will do it every time - although not sure why I always seem more soaked than anyone else! Just one word of advice, don't wear anything white if you plan on going on!
Old 10 Sep 09, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pongo View Post
Omg bilge rat barges is like nothing i have ever seen before for getting you drenched i was quite happy last time to sit nice and dry while dh and dd,s went on it over and over some of the states coming off it were hilariouswell ive decided to brave it this time only if i take a spare set of clothes in rucksack im not up for wandering round dripping wet if i get wet trousers i start to get a bit of chafing going on im sure some of you ladies will sympathize with me in that dept its the curse of having chunky thighs
I absolutely agree. My cousin conned my aunt and I ino going on this. Said we might get a wee bit wet! I had to buy a new t shirt and my aunt had to take off her knickers and throw them away.

A xx
anniee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 09, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

HEHE sounds fab cant wait to get soaked!
Old 10 Sep 09, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Nothing more to add, other than the splash zone at Shekira!

But please do not wear a poncho. Those who wear ponchos get laughed at. Getting wet is what makes if fun!
Old 10 Sep 09, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi well thanks for all your advice!

I don`t normally wear a poncho lol but had some given to me by a very kind dibber

So if i don`t should I ride the wettest rides early on, so I can dry out or last thing so I can go straight back?
Old 10 Sep 09, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BrerVixen
Imagineer

BrerVixen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I take a towel, and a spare pair of shorts with my to IOA, (and wear a bikini underneath clothes) then I can dump my shoes/bag in a locker, and hop on the water rides and not worry bout getting soaked!

Some imagination Huh?
WDW in 89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
DLP in 99,00,08
Next Trip: Disney's All Star Sports September 2019
BrerVixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 09, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

As we all know, being British is all about the "A Poncho? I do not need a silly plastic thing. No I do not." I know when I have been to theme parks here in the UK those who wear ponchos are considered wimps. We point at them and we laugh, as lets face it we are not adverse to a little water over here!

However on my last visit to Orlando, and first visit to IOA, my friend and I decided to try out the bilge rafts. We were shocked at the number of people covered in plastic. We then saw a family coming off the ride who had obviously not considered the plastic covering as an oiption. We honestly thought that their raft had sank and they had swam out.

In any case, being the hard northern lasses that we are, we headed onwards without the need for plastic.

30 minutes later we emerged. Drenched. In fact, is there a better word than drenched? One that would indicate that we were not just "splashed" but water poured onto us.

Thankfully the nice people at Universal were thoughtful enough to put a stand selling towels right outside the exit (clever marketing if ever I saw it). And I spent the rest of the day wandering around with a Sponge Bob Square Pants towel wrapped around me!

This time round, I shall be investing in a poncho. But not for me. No I still regard myself as a hard northern lass and shall not be seen dead in a polythene sheet. I shall be buying one to wrap my bag in cus last time my money was all damp when I got off! :P
Closed Thread