Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Mar 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
An executive room with lounge access for £166 on my dates.

I love the Radisson and usually book direct. Can anyone tell me if these rooms are charged immediately?

And has anyone had to get a refund from booking.com?

Reluctant to book and pay up front as my flight is man-lhr-mco and subject to change to LGW-MCO if BA change their route.
I think they are. Sometimes there is a ‘pay at the property’ option for a bit more money. When I was looking above the PATP option was £178.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve used Tesco voucher deals through Hotels.com to book there the night before our flights
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for this .Just booked a night in September,£107 and £3 cashback !
Old 7 Mar 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We used to love staying there and paying to have an executive room and use the lounge. But then it got more expensive and we didn’t really like the last experience. There was a very large family who stripped the food bare when it was brought out then when the server noticed and brought out more went and did it again! Everyone else was just left with a few pretzels between them. Plus they had under 12s with them who aren’t supposed to be in there after a certain time and when the server mentioned it they just kept saying they were going shortly but they stayed for a good hour.

Last time we booked a standard room, ate dinner at The Romper and had some cocktails in the M Bar.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP

Edited at 07:09 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
We used to love staying there and paying to have an executive room and use the lounge. But then it got more expensive and we didn’t really like the last experience. There was a very large family who stripped the food bare when it was brought out then when the server noticed and brought out more went and did it again! Everyone else was just left with a few pretzels between them. Plus they had under 12s with them who aren’t supposed to be in there after a certain time and when the server mentioned it they just kept saying they were going shortly but they stayed for a good hour.

Last time we booked a standard room, ate dinner at The Romper and had some cocktails in the M Bar.
We really enjoyed The Romper. Have to agree what you say about the lounge. I was unimpressed last time by the snacks they offered and lack of replenishing especially when it’s full . The difference will pay for a good meal and a few drinks including a bottle of fizz. I do like the breakfast and the location of the Raddison can’t be beaten.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
We really enjoyed The Romper. Have to agree what you say about the lounge. I was unimpressed last time by the snacks they offered and lack of replenishing especially when it’s full . The difference will pay for a good meal and a few drinks including a bottle of fizz. I do like the breakfast and the location of the Raddison can’t be beaten.
The location is perfect, we did twilight check in last time and were back in the hotel in less than 20 minutes.

And as for the breakfast - it is fabulous and such good value compared with what you pay at the airport itself. What’s not to like about unlimited mimosas? 😃
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just booked runway view ( no breakfast) free cancellation for end of April 22 for £111 via Quidco so extra £8 off that so happy. Now just got to get the flights but it’s free cancellation so nothing to loose.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for tip just booked standard room for £131 for sept 21st.
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
If anyone’s looking - booking.com often offer a substantial discount if you’re browsing on your phone. I just typed in the equivalent dates that we’ll be staying at the Radisson next year and got this beauty of a price for an Exec room...! I’m not booking it because obvs we’re not going till the year after but... awesome price.

Thank you so much for this tip! I was going to book through my work discount but I would have had to pay upfront. I could have cancelled and got my money back but by looking on my phone it was the same price as work and I don't have to pay until the 4th Sept with free cancellation
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List