Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Sep 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Why not though, it's no different than wanting to try a new ride in the parks.
Nothing like wanting to trying a new ride.

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I'm excited to try these especially since I'm staying at Pop in a month's time!

We have cable cars here but honestly I've not been on them for something like 20 years as they're fairly expensive to go on. So will be nice to be able to go on cable cars for free at Disney...
Sorry going to have to pull you up on a point of order here:

Use of the words "free" and "Disney" are not allowed in the same sentence.

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
How long before there is some kind of charge for it?

Or is that cynical?
No you're not been cynical, but even as a Disney cynic I don't think Disney will charge, Disney will be saving elsewhere and this method of transportation also has green credentials.

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s better than some of the Disney rides😀
In that case I spot a money saving opportunity for yourself.

Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
I would say I can’t understand the reason people drive over while there🤣🤣
I drive because otherwise it would be a very long walk from my "offsite" hotel and I don't just confine myself to Disney.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by antietam View Post
How long before there is some kind of charge for it?

Or is that cynical?
Don't worry. Guests are already paying for it (in increased ticket prices and room rates).

Perhaps they will do a "reserved gondola firework viewing" opportunity that guests can pay for? Basically you pay to go on the gondolas just before the fireworks at Epcot or HS start and then when you are up in the air they stop the gondolas so that you get a great view. They may even add a little table with desserts and snacks on it and pipe the music in. All for the reasonable price of $79 per person!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
Sorry I just don't get this. It's a method of transportation and people are contemplating going out of their way just to ride it!
Some folks say they love the People Mover at MK. That's just a method of transportation that takes you back to where you started. The same can be said of the train around MK. Both are classed as attractions.

This Skyliner is even better because they've slapped Disney characters on the side of some of the gondolas!

I do get what you mean though. It's a bit like getting excited about the ferry boat or the monorail. Mind you, some people do get excited about the ferry boat and the monorail.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
Nothing like wanting to trying a new ride.
I'm guessing you never went on the Skyway ride at Magic Kingdom?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Don't worry. Guests are already paying for it (in increased ticket prices and room rates).

Perhaps they will do a "reserved gondola firework viewing" opportunity that guests can pay for? Basically you pay to go on the gondolas just before the fireworks at Epcot or HS start and then when you are up in the air they stop the gondolas so that you get a great view. They may even add a little table with desserts and snacks on it and pipe the music in. All for the reasonable price of $79 per person!
Don't give them ideas!
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Travel at 11mph. Slow down to enter

Stop completely to allow people in ECVs and wheelchairs to be enter.

So given the amount of folk using them it will likely take forever to get anywhere on it.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post

So given the amount of folk using them it will likely take forever to get anywhere on it.
They don’t stop to load there is a separate track for loading and unloading wheel chairs etc they then join the main line might be the odd stop, however they travel as the crow flys so will be quicker than cars or buses 😆
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

I'm not sure I'd fancy the Aruba quiet pool much

Pic from easywdw easywdw/easy/blog/pr...-disney-world/
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post

Now, admittedly it's not being fully used at the moment. But here are some current approximate travel times:
  • Pop Century/Art of Animation to the Caribbean Beach Hub: 3 minutes, 30 seconds
  • Caribbean Beach Hub to Hollywood Studios, 4 minutes, 30 seconds
  • Caribbean Beach Hub to Riviera Resort: 3 minutes
  • Riviera Resort to Epcot: 6 minutes, 30 seconds

For people staying at CBR it'll be significantly quicker using the Skyliner to get to HS or Epcot than getting a bus. To get from HS to Epcot (or vice versa) it will take about 15 minutes in total. That's not much different to the time it takes to get from the TTC to MK and no one thinks that "takes forever" (well, unless you get stuck on a faulty monorail ).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I was lucky enough to try out on Tuesday and.travelled from HS to Caribbean Beach changed there over to Epcot. I do have a boarding pass showing the route but don't k is how to upload the photo. It was good and had some great views,even how Ratatouille is.coming along!
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List