Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Just a quick update.
After many calls to 111 and things really deteriorating we were told to ring a particular dentist and ask to be referred to an emergency hub. We were told to stress it was imperative my husband be seen.
Anyway, they refused. I tried my best but the dentist couldn’t even be bothered to speak to us. He was speaking through the dental nurse and sounding very bored.
Another night passed and I decided to take him to A&E. I’m so glad I did. That was Wednesday and there he remains.
The infection is so widespread and I’m just so angry that we kept being told to wait and wait and wait.
The triage at A&E said the situation is appalling. That people are being left to suffer and that it’s very dangerous.
Weirdly the receptionist or dental nurse (who was very nice) called back the following day to ask how my husband was because she’d been worried. We were literally just leaving for the hospital at this point.
I explained the situation and suddenly the dentist was on the phone behaving like he cared! He had all the info the previous day I might add.
Suddenly he was telling me not to delay and how it really didn’t sound right...

The horse has bolted mate. Thanks for your concern!

Basically, please don’t end up in the same position. I wish I’d gone with my instincts and taken him sooner but we kept being told to wait and I was worried about the Covid situation too.
I can’t go into the hospital obviously but he’s now able to communicate at least and vaguely keep me in the loop. At one point he couldn’t even have picked up his phone he was in such a bad way.
Your poor dh. He must have been miserable. I’m glad he is getting treatment. I understand dentists do need to be safe too but why they can’t take on emergency patients before getting to the point. Plenty of people are having to work through this situation nurses, supermarket people that I find it appalling people are left in pain to the extent they now need surgery. Horrific. I hope your dh will be on the mend soon!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Your poor DH. That sounds horrific. Glad he’s finally getting the help he needs.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you.
I just want him home now but appreciate the Hospital is the best place for him.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

That sounds horrendous! My very best wishes to your DH.
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh my goodness- I’ve just read this thread. Your poor dh. Thank goodness you took him to A and E. I hope they can do the surgery on him soon.
It might be worth a complaint in order to try and prevent another poor person going through the same thing?
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

This is absolutely shocking, I really hope your DH recovers well and thank god you took him to A&E. I wonder how many others are being left in this state and are too scared to go to A&E.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s shocking, your poor DH must have been in agony and you must have been so worried. This should have been treated much sooner 😢

I’m pleased he’s getting care now and hopefully, he will be home soon xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just read the whole thread, Burns was quoted as saying toothache is the hell of all diseases and I can only but agree.

Fingers crossed that he is on the mend soon
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Thanks for all the good wishes.
He had his second trip to theatre eventually and that seemed to go well this time. He still has the ball-like swelling which he can cup in his hand! Apparently this may take a while to disappear.
We were hoping to pick him up last night but his heart rate and blood pressure were messing around a bit (this is not normal for him) so he had to stay.
Fingers crossed they’re happy to let him out today 🤞🏻

Edited at 07:13 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

OMG, how horrendous Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List