Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Loyalty means nothing (Three Network)

Just a rant really.

I am at the end of my contract with Three and looking to upgrade my phone.

I have found a deal through Uswitch (which then takes you directly to the three website) for an iphone 11 pro max.

I went on live chat with Three and they were unable to offer me the same deal.

Instead they try and sell me a deal that will cost an extra £7 a month and an upfront cost of £100. They state the deal I found is for new customers only.

I asked if I could live chat with a Manager, nope, can't do that. Can I speak to the complaints team, nope, can't do that either. Can I raise a complaint with the agent to be followed up. No.

After being with three for over 10 years and having a number of additional lines with them, I will be terminating my contract with them which is a real shame.

So, does anyone recommend a new network provider?
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

I’ve had exactly the same with Vodafone, an excellent new customer deal which they offered me as an existing customer of 10 years for double the price, then to make it worse,when I pointed this out the rather rude customer service adviser informed me that uswitch is not a trusted third party provider! When I continued to say the link took me to the verified Vodafone website his response was I doubt that Madame, as if he was mocking me. So they’ve lost my custom

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Exactly the same with o2, to the point where I’m still on the sim only I went on at the end of my last handset, and I got pay monthly for my phone with Apple (worth checking as an option) as they wouldn’t budge on what they could do!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SiandAm View Post
I’ve had exactly the same with Vodafone, an excellent new customer deal which they offered me as an existing customer of 10 years for double the price, then to make it worse,when I pointed this out the rather rude customer service adviser informed me that uswitch is not a trusted third party provider! When I continued to say the link took me to the verified Vodafone website his response was I doubt that Madame, as if he was mocking me. So they’ve lost my custom
It's terrible isn't it!

The advisor I spoke to was making me out to be stupid. She then told me to contact the call centre to speak to complaints and when I said that they were closed, she told me they weren't and left the chat. Low and behold, when I called the contact centre, it was closed.

Don't go with Three if you are switching haha!
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Exactly the same with o2, to the point where I’m still on the sim only I went on at the end of my last handset, and I got pay monthly for my phone with Apple (worth checking as an option) as they wouldn’t budge on what they could do!
I think this is the way to go. Get a sim only contract and get the phone outright.
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They're all the same. I had it with O2. I was with them for years. Couldn't get a decent deal so went to Three. It's like changing your electricity contract. Annoying but at least you can port your number.

Can you not just take out the new contract with them and change your email address. Or use a partners name.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Blast Furnace
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Really thought I would be going through the same thing with EE today. We have 4 contracts though a single account with my DW as she is NHS, and gets a discount through EE perks.
Away DS1 and DW both upgrades recently and had good deals on the S20 and iPhone XR. Myself and DS2 were due to renew next month and had a text last week explaining our options. Checked on line and for iPhone 11, there was a July sale with £49 upfront, £49 per month for 40Gb data unlimited text and calls. Tried to get appointment in shop yesterday, no chance, today ok but 3 of us couldn’t go in due to social distancing rules. Turns out the deal ended yesterday, and for the same today it would cost £442 more over two years before discount, that’s £884 for the two contracts. Assistant’s hands were tied so we walked out.
Got home and spoke to EE retentions and by reducing the data to 10Gb (we are both low users) had a great deal and no upfront cost. The even waived the normal delivery fee.
All in all, one happy customer so a big shout out for EE
Blast Furnace is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I find 3 ok usually for upgrades - you might have more luck when you ring the cancellation line
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I used to be on 3 for years but their network service in my area went downhill (completely lost 4G, and 3G was weak) six months ago and they kept claiming no faults. I've always been SIM only so switched to a different network.

Customer service wise I've never found much difference between them so now go with whoever provides the strongest signal in my area, which is O2 at the moment. Although I actually went with giffgaff since it's their lower priced brand.

If you can afford the upfront cost on the phone, going SIM only is the best way. It's always been cheaper for me over the long term but I also don't feel the need to have the latest phone so only upgrade every 5 or so years.

Edited at 05:14 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I detest online chat with companies, if I had a pound for every time I’ve been cut off I would be loaded! I also find it really difficult to negotiate or get my point across effectively when using it

We have our mobile contracts with Three, it’s handy for when we are on holiday (remember them ) I had to call them a week or so ago about renewing one of the contracts and was able to negotiate the price to match a deal advertised for new customers, I did have to listen to a load of up selling sales chat but I stood my ground and eventually got the deal I wanted .

OP, could you call them and speak to someone directly, it might be much easier to negotiate that way
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List