Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Aug 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
Jaspercat10 - You cant book advance dining and you cannot book fastpasses ?
Apologies I was going on my previous experiences I have not read up on the current reg and rules x
Old 31 Aug 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I haven’t been fully (aside from a 2 day brief visit last year) since they introduced the MDE. I liked the spontaneity of the old system with the print out fast passes which was a reward for getting to the park early.
I have never taken part in the booking of dining as again we like to go with the flow.
Therefore the booking which park on what day is something that I won’t take part in. I 100% understand the need in the current climate but long term ! 😳😔
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We don't go to WDW anymore and it makes me sad but even though I'm a 'military' planner I can't cope with the booking so far out now and fighting for a fast pass. It makes it unenjoyable.
We MAY go in 2025 when I retire and the (adult) children want to go with us but I doubt there'll be any recreating of past visits.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
fun2behad
Excited about Disney

fun2behad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I personally think park reservation is a good thing, but then again we arent park hoppers we have everything planned to do one park per day. Not sure I would like to wear a mask, we are booked October 2021 and hopefully masks wont he required but I dont mind booking parks
I am with you on this (we are also not park hoppers). Over the years people have been complaining that WDW are increasingly letting in too many people (esp. into MK) making the experience not so magical due to the extensive crowds during busy periods. Sounds like pre-booking (presumably with a visitor limit) will help to address this? I recall visiting the MK one year early August and I literally had to queue to cross Main street - not pleasant at all. So I would still visit if reservations are still in place but not face coverings/no fireworks etc as not worth the price or effort...
fun2behad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The four park challenge will become an urban myth
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
The four park challenge will become an urban myth
Or you will be able to do it but only as a luxury add on premia as part of a "challenge four tour". Tickets reasonably priced at 500.00 a day.
Old 1 Sep 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

I feel like I’m the only one that thinks park hopping will return soon. The park reservation system has already evolved from booking in advance to booking on the day. I can’t help but think being able to reserve another park should there be capacity that same day (once you’ve entered the first park) won’t be a thing soon.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
I feel like I’m the only one that thinks park hopping will return soon. The park reservation system has already evolved from booking in advance to booking on the day. I can’t help but think being able to reserve another park should there be capacity that same day (once you’ve entered the first park) won’t be a thing soon.
I agree. At the end of the day Disney want us in the parks spending money and if they limit how much we can do that then surely they will lose out. How many people pop into Epcot for dinner for example? If they can't do that then the chances of them going offsite for food will probably go up. The same logic also applies if they don't bring back the dining plan (free or otherwise).

I can see them maybe using a reservation system to control crowds at busy times, eg Christmas, so you can guarantee entry on that day, but I can't see how using it all the time will benefit anyone.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
I agree. At the end of the day Disney want us in the parks spending money and if they limit how much we can do that then surely they will lose out. How many people pop into Epcot for dinner for example? If they can't do that then the chances of them going offsite for food will probably go up. The same logic also applies if they don't bring back the dining plan (free or otherwise).

I can see them maybe using a reservation system to control crowds at busy times, eg Christmas, so you can guarantee entry on that day, but I can't see how using it all the time will benefit anyone.
I am also convinced this cannot be the end of park hoping, it would just be so illogical it blows my mind.
Old 1 Sep 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i think park hopping will come back but they are unable to control numbers if they don't know where people are. Maybe they will allow half days and kick you out?

If 300 people are allowed in a park and that is reached then no one else can get in but if you can park hop you could end up with more than the limit.

Though it is probably why Disney are suffering compared to universal - they dont have to book and i have no idea how they know how many guests are in the parks and they can park hop all day.