Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Sep 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i think park hopping will come back but they are unable to control numbers if they don't know where people are. Maybe they will allow half days and kick you out?

If 300 people are allowed in a park and that is reached then no one else can get in but if you can park hop you could end up with more than the limit.

Though it is probably why Disney are suffering compared to universal - they dont have to book and i have no idea how they know how many guests are in the parks and they can park hop all day.
But Disney were always able to control numbers I thought, hence why the parks closed at busy times when they reached capacity. I can see why booking is needed at the moment as the parks could reach capacity much quicker but when things return to normal I just don't see it.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

We have nothing booked as of yet. We are holding out until next year, at least until April 2021 to see if free dining is reintroduced for a trip in September or October 2022.

Park hopping to be fair is a big thing for us, like a lot of people have said being able to get up early visit a park for a few hours, then maybe back at the hotel for a rest and a swim or a bit of shopping and back to a park in the evening for fireworks or dinner and drinks.

I find it hard to spend a whole full day at a water park so again this is where we would have utilise the park hopper.

If there is no park hopping and no DDP then i find it hard to grasp what the draw would be to stay on site and the high prices.

Disney have lost a lot of money during this pandemic, they will only try their best to recoup as much as possible, when it is possible for them to do so.
I think to be fair they are doing the best they can at the moment and things have already changed again from when they first reopened so I cannot some of the new implementations in place indefinitely.

I will stay optimistic that things will go back to what it was like before or at least as similar as possible. I do however agree with others that some of Disney's best days are behind us.
Aimee_K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I've never been a huge fan of planning my meals and fast passes so far in advance at the Disney parks, but this will certainly take away the magic if you can't hop between parks last minute. Hopefully they change their mind in the future.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We love to park hop
If we’re in Hollywood Studios after a few hours we’ll pop over to Epcot for a wander around world showcase and a Grey Goose slush 🍸🍸 and then maybe go to Magic Kingdom in the evening.
I’m hoping that Disney will reintroduce park hopping again at some stage.
Old 2 Sep 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

So I guess that will also mean no more 14/21 day passes, think that would count me out.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

You can buy 14 and 21 WDW tickets now up until September 2021
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
What makes you think guest numbers will be restricted,. Disney management won't turn paying guests away, or have I missed where they have said they will limit the number allowed to enter ?.

I've not read all the threads on this.
The first post says that the current changes are here to stay. The current changes include the park reservation system which limits numbers of people in the park per day.

That’s what most of the posts on this thread have been about - not liking the idea of having to pre-book the parks you visit.

If there was no limit on numbers then they’d be no need to book a reservation days/weeks/months in advance. You could just turn up at the entrance on the day and get a reservation there and then as they’d be no restrictions.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Blueste View Post
So I guess that will also mean no more 14/21 day passes, think that would count me out.
Why would you think that?

You can still buy 14 day tickets for 2021 whilst the park reservation system is in place. The current restrictions and systems isn’t stopping them from selling 14 day tickets - although you can’t use the park hopper part of the ticket.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

If there isn't park hopping then we will not be spending a premium to live inside the Disney bubble for our holiday. We will go back to I Drive and spend more time at Universal and the beach with maybe a day or 2 in Disney.

On our last day last October we did HS, Epcot, MK & DS before heading back to the hotel for our coach to the airport. That was one of the most fun days of our trip.
Old 3 Sep 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

If I was able to go next year I really dont think Disney would be doable for me. I don't like the idea of booking a set day a year in advance, if your plans change you have lost that day. We often go to one park in the morning and another early evening making good use of a 14 day ticket.
If the Water Parks are also not open then its an absolute no no for me. We stay in a villa so spend a lot of money on food in the parks and on top of £469 per ticket its got no value at all to me at this present time. So it would be Universal who ae not restricting people and you just turn up and other things that Florida has to offer, besides the luxury of our own pool. With no fast passes can you imagine the wait for a ride at the height of July and August?
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List