Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Morning, I went to a cookery demonstration evening In London, where they prepare an amazing meal for you on the cooker and show you all the different models, might be worth emailing them and seeing if they still do that, I also went out to the factory in Paris where they have a big showroom.
I have all my kitchen units in the enamel finish, and I have had the cookers in black enamel before, but I decided with this one to have range in the brushed steel with chrome trim
My cook top has 4 burners and 2 big french tops, this is just the most practical for me and I can easily cook for 6-24 people on it, I have a gas oven and an electric one, they are vaulted so they cook from the bottom but you do get the hang of it. I use the gas one ninety percent of the time and the electric one if i have a large dinner party, it has the grill for cheese on toast etc.. and then I have a double teppanyaki top next to the cooker, the fan in the cooker hood is excellent really powerful fan.
They are a lovely looking bit of kit, you can also have your name put on it if you order one x
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Morning, I went to a cookery demonstration evening In London, where they prepare an amazing meal for you on the cooker and show you all the different models, might be worth emailing them and seeing if they still do that, I also went out to the factory in Paris where they have a big showroom.
I have all my kitchen units in the enamel finish, and I have had the cookers in black enamel before, but I decided with this one to have range in the brushed steel with chrome trim
My cook top has 4 burners and 2 big french tops, this is just the most practical for me and I can easily cook for 6-24 people on it, I have a gas oven and an electric one, they are vaulted so they cook from the bottom but you do get the hang of it. I use the gas one ninety percent of the time and the electric one if i have a large dinner party, it has the grill for cheese on toast etc.. and then I have a double teppanyaki top next to the cooker, the fan in the cooker hood is excellent really powerful fan.
They are a lovely looking bit of kit, you can also have your name put on it if you order one x
Hello That sounds amazing, I think a trip to the showroom is ideal (although not at the moment obviously ) and I can imagine that the dinner was incredible. It would be brilliant to see the cooker in action.

I love the idea of gas and electric- although I would probably use the gas more regularly, I like the idea of electric for when we can start entertaining again.

Thank you again so much for all the information, it has given me lots to think about.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Hope it goes well yes it was a lovely evening it was at Divertimenti but I am not sure who their main stockist is now
Any questions just shout x
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Thank you so much!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we don’t have one of these but several of our friends have aga,s which they swear by. Maybe worth a look as an option
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I really would have loved one as I also cook from scratch bake and preserve
I grew up with an aga and would also love one
The main reason we didn’t is because we will eventually down size and I didn’t want to have to leave it or not have room if we found the ideal house
It’s each to there own DH would have no issues spending that on a watch but that’s portable
Enjoy it and would love to see it in place
Treat yourself to one - many spend £8k or more on a holiday to Disney which is a one off - even if you only have the house for a while I would so if you can afford it go for it
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Treat yourself to one - many spend £8k or more on a holiday to Disney which is a one off - even if you only have the house for a while I would so if you can afford it go for it
I agree with you. When this post came on I looked at these cookers and fell on the floor with the cost!

But then I put it in perspective and thought about how some people adore cooking and/or entertaining etc.

Plus when one considers the cost of a car namely a basic model compared with a luxury model but they both take you from A to B then an expensive cooker can be justified.

They do look nice.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi we don’t have one of these but several of our friends have aga,s which they swear by. Maybe worth a look as an option
Thank you, I will have a look at the Aga’s too. Xx