Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 14 Oct 20, 03:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
New headphones

Was looking at a new pair of headphones for everyday use and for my next flight when ever that may be
I liked the look of the new Samsung bud live but at £179 retail wasn't thrilled in spending that much.

Looked on Amazon today and they are at £129.98 so was ready to bite and found a way to get an extra £10 off
If you top up your Amazon gift card by £100 they give you a free £10 making it £110
So have ordered them at £119.98
Offer ends today so be quick

mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thanks for the heads up on the top up offer. I just have missed that somehow. Just claimed it.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Samsung stuff is garbage - wouldn't have any of it in the house. sorry
Old 15 Oct 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
Samsung stuff is garbage - wouldn't have any of it in the house. sorry
Wonder why Samsung give 2 years warranty on their garbage but the apple iPhone and iPad only get a 1 year warranty. Which is the same as a lot of other manufacturers.

Bit annoying when the iPhone packs up after 13 months of a 2 year phone contract

I do believe that if you take out a 2 year phone contract the phone should have a warranty for the equal amount of time

Also the earbuds in question are manufactured by akg which is owned by samsung

Samsung produce most of the memory and processors for smart phones, TVs and computers now so without it no tech

Just my opinion 🙂

Edited at 06:38 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Wonder why Samsung give 2 years warranty on their garbage but the apple iPhone and iPad only get a 1 year warranty. Which is the same as a lot of other manufacturers.

Bit annoying when the iPhone packs up after 13 months of a 2 year phone contract

I do believe that if you take out a 2 year phone contract the phone should have a warranty for the equal amount of time

Also the earbuds in question are manufactured by akg which is owned by samsung

Samsung produce most of the memory and processors for smart phones, TVs and computers now so without it no tech

Just my opinion 🙂

Almost everything you buy in the EU (and UK at last until the end of the year) has to be returnable int he first two years if it is faulty or can’t do what it was bought for regardless of what they may or may not advertise.

Not my opinion but fact

europa.eu/youreurope/busines...s/index_en.htm

I am not generally an apple fan but their stuff is far better made and designed than Samsung, look at a MacBook Air against an equivalent Samsung notebook and I have had birth.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Almost everything you buy in the EU (and UK at last until the end of the year) has to be returnable int he first two years if it is faulty or can’t do what it was bought for regardless of what they may or may not advertise.

Not my opinion but fact

europa.eu/youreurope/busines...s/index_en.htm

I am not generally an apple fan but their stuff is far better made and designed than Samsung, look at a MacBook Air against an equivalent Samsung notebook and I have had birth.
I have an iMac and I agree they are well made and thought out.
I also have a note 10+ 5g and think it's a great phone.

Maybe apple need to aware of the 2 year warranty

Edited at 09:30 PM.
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
I have an iMac and I agree they are well made and thought out.
I also have a note 10+ 5g and think it's a great phone.

Maybe apple need to aware of the 2 year warranty
Apple can write whatever they like they still have to cover their goods for 2 years It is the law. I explained this to them and they replaced an 18 month old iPad.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 05:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Apple can write whatever they like they still have to cover their goods for 2 years It is the law. I explained this to them and they replaced an 18 month old iPad.
This is good to know thanks
Old 18 Oct 20, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I got the Galaxy Buds when I got my phone and they are brilliant. The sound quality is really good for the price and I've had no issues at all. The battery still lasts quite a long time.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List