Notices

Old 30 Sep 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Loving this report, how did you get to your breakfast reservations was it just t bus from AKL direct to the park and you get in early because of the reservation?

Apparently if your flight is diverted they out coaches on to take you back to the original airport (not great though after a 9 hour flight) hope yours goes direct to Manchester x
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

For the Epcot breakfast? We just hopped on the Epcot bus and then scanned at a cast member letting people in for reservations 🙂 buses run at least 45mins BEFORE a park opening I think it is
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

can i ask what the bathrooms are like in your room? Do they have a shower cubicle or is it a shower over a bath?
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

This is our bathroom

You can get a shower/bath too if you prefer. You can ask at the front desk 🙂
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Brilliant report
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 8 - water park X 2

So, the plan today was to go to typhoon lagoon and have a pool day ( usually we would do blizzard beach as we've done typhoon lagoon already but it's closed ) but! That wasn't the case.

Everyone was knackered (well, bar me) and OH had a really sore head so, rest resort day it was. We had cereal in our room as I'd brought the mini boxes with me (ASDA had them for £1 before we left, bargain!) And just chilled in bed and watched some TV. To me, this is such a boring day 😣 but it seemed like everyone needed it. I took the kids down to the pool for a couple of hours which was nice. P can swim but wee man needs a life vest but there are vests at all pools which means I don't have to be a complete helecopter parent when in the pool. There was more cloud coverage today which was welcomed and being in the pool was nice and refreshing. After turning into a wrinkly prune of a human, we headed back up to the room to get changed for heading out. Had to wash my hair too as my hair was like straw! I have to say though, hair has kept its colour quite well. Last time it changed colour from purple to turquoise haha.

We headed to the springs at around 5.30pm as we had reservations for 6.25pm at TRex. Last time we were sat in the ice caves and it was loud and dark. This time we were in the aquarium area which was much better.

Our server was super sweet, our food was fab and if your kids like dinos, definitely go. It can get loud but it's just much the same as rainforest cafe.

Went to the Lego store afterwards and the kids spend their pennies on Lego sets. I thought the price would be crazy but in actual fact it's much the same as back home 😀

So, today I think was a bit of a waste but seems like everyone needed a slow day... Maybe just as well because it's MNSSHP next!

----x----

8000 steps

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Old 1 Oct 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Just binge read , Great report I shouldn't read these it makes me miss Disney sooo much lol. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and I am glad that your holiday wasn't ruined by the TC fiasco.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
So, the plan today was to go to typhoon lagoon and have a pool day ( usually we would do blizzard beach as we've done typhoon lagoon already but it's closed ) but! That wasn't the case.

Everyone was knackered (well, bar me) and OH had a really sore head so, rest resort day it was. We had cereal in our room as I'd brought the mini boxes with me (ASDA had them for £1 before we left, bargain!) And just chilled in bed and watched some TV. To me, this is such a boring day 😣 but it seemed like everyone needed it. I took the kids down to the pool for a couple of hours which was nice. P can swim but wee man needs a life vest but there are vests at all pools which means I don't have to be a complete helecopter parent when in the pool. There was more cloud coverage today which was welcomed and being in the pool was nice and refreshing. After turning into a wrinkly prune of a human, we headed back up to the room to get changed for heading out. Had to wash my hair too as my hair was like straw! I have to say though, hair has kept its colour quite well. Last time it changed colour from purple to turquoise haha.

We headed to the springs at around 5.30pm as we had reservations for 6.25pm at TRex. Last time we were sat in the ice caves and it was loud and dark. This time we were in the aquarium area which was much better.

Our server was super sweet, our food was fab and if your kids like dinos, definitely go. It can get loud but it's just much the same as rainforest cafe.

Went to the Lego store afterwards and the kids spend their pennies on Lego sets. I thought the price would be crazy but in actual fact it's much the same as back home 😀

So, today I think was a bit of a waste but seems like everyone needed a slow day... Maybe just as well because it's MNSSHP next!

----x----

8000 steps
Never a wasted day at Disney, chill/rest days are just as good.
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 9 - magic Kingdom with MNSSHP!

So, since everyone had recharged yesterday, we were ready for MNSSHP! I had booked late lunch reservations at the Plaza for 2.15pm so we decided to aim for getting into the park around 1.30. well, we missed the 1pm bus so we didn't actually get into MK until just before 2pm (cutting it fine but it doesn't take 20 minutes to walk down main Street!) Wow the plaza portions are pretty sizable! Struggled to finish mine then got butterscotch bread pudding for dessert. This was delicious but I admitted defeat ¾ of the way through... I looked like I was carrying food baby twins by this point hah. I am really not looking forward to stepping on the scales when I get home I'll tell you that !

After lunch we headed around to tomorrow land because the kids wanted to go on the people mover. Tame for after lunch so we headed there. I swear they may have turned the speed up on it as I don't remember it zooming around corners as fast 🤣

Buzz lightyear space ranger spin was only a 10 minute wait so we jumped on that again 🙂 I done terrible again! Thankfully no bets were placed in regards to scores!
We also done monsters inc. laugh floor for the first time. It was quite funny. Was praying they didn't put the camera on me though. Pretty sure I felt panic rise...

We had a seven dwarves mine train fastpass coming up so headed up those ways. The kids wanted on Winnie the Pooh so as the line was just 15 minutes we jumped in. Seven dwarves was fun as always but it was nearing 4pm : time to get our Halloween wrist bands on! After managing to get on space mountain and speaking to a really nice cast member from phoenix (everyone is so chatty, love it!) We got our candy corn wrist bands and trick or treat bags. (Halloween fun doesn't start until 7pm) and headed over to adventure land (1st candy stop for us of the night) we rode Aladdin's magic carpets and got ourselves something to drink. Before we knew it the candy lines were OPEN! Wait until you hear how much candy we accumulated between the 4 of us...

We watched the parade and got our special sorcerer Halloween cards, done a few more treat stations before finding a good spot for the new fireworks. These were spectacular! Jack skellington was on the castle stage and the castle itself changed having zero flying up and down it, Mickey and Minnie at windows, candy corn covered castle front... Was amazing. The amount of fireworks set off too was incredible... Topped the last Halloween fireworks that's for sure! After fireworks everyone was heading to the busses so we headed to pirates of the Caribbean which at this point in the night (10.30pm) was 5 minutes. Because it was Halloween , they had people acting in the ride ... Was kinda cool but nothing special IMO. By this point my feet were kinda dead and the kids were running out of steam (sugar crash I'm guessing hah} so we headed out the park while OH decided to collect his body weight in sweeties.

Candy haul; 12kg. Yes, that's right 12kg! They were just putting tonnes in the bags by the end of the night! No idea how he plans on getting that amount of sweets home but hey!

I didn't get any photos because my phone died but I'll upload some of OHs later on.

Late breakfast tomorrow followed by a whatever we want day 🙂

Toodles!

----x----

19,000 steps

Edited at 02:35 PM.
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
12kg of sweets! Do you have extra luggage allowance?

Oh that butterscotch bread pudding! I was eating that in the plaza a couple of weeks ago and it defeated me as well! I tried my hardest

Loving the report, we stayed at AKL as well, we left on the 19th, it’s a beautiful resort.