Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Dec 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7/10 days - Live - Day 7

This morning we decided to get a quick breakfast in the Starbucks in our hotel downstairs, before heading out to volcano bay for the day.

Dan had a bacon and cheese croissant

I had my old faithful sandwich which is the sausage and cheese muffin

It was the standard reliable breakfast and did the trick setting us up for the long day

Sorry cannot remember the total but was around $12
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Volcano bay - whakawaiwai eats

For lunch we decided to share a Mac n cheese from whakawaiwai eats in Volcano bay. We also got a Diet Coke.

I’ve gotta say this was awful. The pasta was completely tasteless and mush and it wasn’t cheap either at $21 but we’d burnt some energy bobbing around in volcano bay so this did fill a hole at least.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Cold Stone Creamery - Citywalk

For an afternoon sugary treat we went to Coldstone creamery in Citywalk

For those that are unaware this is an ice cream parlor that uses a coldstone to mix sweet items such as brownies, M and M’s, other sweet items into your ice cream. It’s similar to the ice cream roll places that are dotted about.

They also have some signature ice creams which are still mixed on the coldstone and we both chose signatures.

I went for a ‘Dough for it’ which is cookie dough ice cream, chocolate chips, cookie dough and sugar crystals, I also got it in a dipped chocolate waffle bowl

Dan went for ‘chocolate devotion’ which is chocolate ice cream, chocolate chips, brownie and fudge sauce, he also chose a dipped waffle cone

These were huge and really yummy, although the cone was a bit hard to eat and the bottoms fell through with the weight of the ice cream

To be honest these are so big that one could be shared easily but I’d definitely recommend

Sorry cannot remember the total, was about $20
Old 20 Dec 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

NBC sports bar and grill

For dinner we headed back to the NBC sports bar and grill as we enjoyed it so much the previous day.

Dan got a beer flight to start - sorry we can’t remember the names but most were local beers

I had a mama Lings cocktail which was Deep Eddy Lemon Vidka, McKenzies black cherry cider, patron citrine orange liqueur

We both ordered the brisket sandwich with fries. Dan had his without the coleslaw, and horseradish sauce

Again it was lovely, the brisket was melt in the mouth, fries crispy and the cocktail was great too. It came to £60.18 before tip

Old 21 Dec 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mariaherself View Post
Dan had a bacon and cheese croissant

I was starting to get a bit bored of the standard Starbucks fare. They are nice but after a few days, starting to get a bit bland on palette.

This was really nice, super soft, loaded with ingredients. I wish I had ordered more of these.

8/10: oui oui!
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

For lunch we decided to share a Mac n cheese from whakawaiwai eats in Volcano bay.
Pretty much the worst food of the whole trip (from a quick service perspective). Where was the cheese? It was a bowl of extremely over priced Luke warm pasta.

Utter trash, avoid.

0/10: sink this to the bottom of the bay.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

For dinner we headed back to the NBC sports bar and grill as we enjoyed it so much the previous day.

Dan got a beer flight to start - sorry we can’t remember the names but most were local beers

We both ordered the brisket sandwich with fries. Dan had his without the coleslaw, and horseradish sauce
Beer flight was great. The names also escape me but it was very good.

Now onto the main. I had brisket earlier on the trip as it comes with fries. Decided to try in a brioche. I was not disappointed at all. Just as good as before.

Would I get in a brioche again? Depends if you want that bread element. I would probably just get it straight (my personal preference).

9/10: game goes to NBC