Notices

Old 3 Feb 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A Whole New World - September 2020 Pre-Trip Report- Cancelled!

A Whole New World- Florida September 2020

Ive been so looking forward to writing this pre-trip report! We booked the first part of our Florida holiday back in June last year and I’ve been on the dibb and planning like made ever since. I have a huge love for Florida and all things Disney and cannot wait to return to the magic and share it with my boyfriend who has never been before! We will be returning on the 7th September for a 18 night adventure, There is 7 of us travelling out to celebrate my 21st Birthday. Originally we were planning on going in August for my actual birthday however the price difference was crazy so we opted to wait a month and go in September!

Our Plan is to Fly on the 7th September from Manchester to Orlando airport, flights are TBC at the moment due to crazy flight prices and I’m hoping they come down even just a touch! We will be looking to book these this month... ready to bite the bullet if necessary

Introducing the Cast of 2020:

Me, Claudia, Disney obsessive, first time planning my own Florida holiday and loving it, big birthday this year… hence the trip! Looking forward to all of the trip but can’t wait to take on the DDP lol!

Reuben, My boyfriend. Never done disney or universal, has no idea what he’s getting him self into, trys to show interest but isn’t excited at the moment lol, he says its too far away!

Lisa, My mum. Fellow Disney obsessive, Florida is her favourite place of all, she will also be celebrating a birthday… we aren’t allowed to talk about that one tho

Andy, My dad. Loves Florida and all things American… particularly the steaks and chicken wings. Says he’s not too fussed about the parks, loves it really though- why else did we go almost every year going up

Jade, Sister no 2. Easy going and lover of sharks, she’s hoping to get over to Jupiter whilst we are out there… not sure ill be joining her on a cage dive though!

Jodie, Sister no 1. Lover of Disney, last went in 2016 and got engaged during the MK fire works in front of the castle.

Dave, Brother In law. Loves a holiday! Will be returning to Florida since his last trip was in 2016 where he asked dad if he could marry Jodie in a bait shop at 6am

Heres a picture of the cast dressed up in 80's fancy dress! ( My nan is also in this pic but isn't coming on the trip )

One of me and Reubs on our holiday last year in Mexico..

Onto the big plan…

Me and Reubs will be heading to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for our first night, I have always wanted to stay here and as the budget doesn’t stretch for a full week we are just doing the one night and we will be spending the day in the resort on the next day until it is time to check in to our villa and meet up with the rest of the family! I am really looking forward to trying Sanaa so we will be making a lunch ADR here on the 8th. We will be looking to book Magic Express to get to AKL- never done this before so I’ll be open to any tips for that one!

We are staying in a lovely villa on Formosa Gardens estate with the whole family. The check in is at 4pm so my parents will come and pick us up from AKL and take us to the villa. We aren’t hiring a car for the first part of the holiday as we will have 2 car’s between us all and 5 of us insured on them so we will manage! We will be staying in the villa for a week and plan on doing universal, shopping, golfing, fishing etc etc. We have planned to hire a chef on the 10th as it is my mums birthday so she will be coming in to cook for us for the evening which will be fun and a bit different. I am thinking of booking us the 14 day unlimited pass at universal rather than a 2 day ticket but this is still undecided if the price difference becomes huge! I haven’t been to volcano bay and would like to try that so thats why I’m considering the bigger ticket! We are also hoping to go and see cirque de soleil but at the moment tickets are only released up until August. We are planning on eating at Mannys, Chilli’s, Cheese cake factory and cracker barrel- all family favourites.

We will then be parting ways for the next part of our holiday. Me and Reubs will then be checking into Disney’s Port Orleans FQ for a week. We have booked with 14 day tickets and upgraded Disney dining plan! I have stayed onsite once before in 2014 with my family for 3 nights- it was great and I’ve been wanting to do it again for ages! Ive never done the dining plan though so I’m excited to take that on! Ive got no idea on a plan for this week, my ADR ideas have changed about 20 times and I’ve no idea how you’re supposed to decide what parks to do on what day this far in advance! That will come later I suppose
ADR’s I definitely want to book are:

Dinner at Ohana
Sanna ( doing that on day one though! )
Coral Reef
A signature… not sure which yet!

Im most excited to do Hollywood studios this year as I love star wars and cant wait to see the new land, as well as Toy story land and Mickey and minnies railway!
Reubs isn’t really excited at all and has no idea of whats in store… I’m hoping he will love it though

We will check out of POFQ on the 22nd and pick up a hire car and drive down for three nights In Sarasota with my mum and dad. We are heading down as they’re looking at buying a place there and want to show us around a bit! I have been before- last in 2018- as it is their happy place and we always used to go on family holidays on the Florida coast, more so than Orlando really! No plans for this part at the moment, although id like to get my shopping fix here as it tends to be better out of Orlando! We will then be driving back up to Orlando on the 25th to fly home!

We still have so much to plan and most importantly flights to book. I have already sorted Estas and insurance and all hotels/villas are booked. I am checking magic bands often(ish) but think we will buy these closer to the time as I’ve read so many bad things on the dibb about disney loosing the orders!

I will be updating this report as things get booked! The name of my trip report is ‘A whole new World’ because its my first trip I have planed and booked myself and the first time my boyfriend gets to experience the magic!

At 216 days and counting I cannot wait!
Thanks for reading my waffle!

Edited at 08:53 AM.
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely start looking forward to hearing more about your plans.
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Great start to your pre trip report it sounds like you've got a fab holiday booked. Your boyfriend will have a great time once he's there. I took my boyfriend for his first trip in 2018 and he enjoyed it so much we are going again. Currently writing my Pre trip report Also in September! Its a great time to visit. He wasn't that interested in the planning ect although now he's been he defiantly understands it better.

You will love AKL. Its such a beautiful resort. It was my favourite up until we stayed at the boardwalk and now I cant decide.

We also wanted to fly from manchester but the flight prices were just crazy expensive. We opted to save money and fly from elsewhere and managed to get them for £394 pp so you could always try that?

The magical express is super easy. You just call up disney and add it to your booking. In the airport there are signs to direct you to the magical express and then off you go to disney.

Usually the 14 day pass for universal is not much more than the 2 day passes so i would opt for the 14 day. Thats what we normally do.

If your a foodie you'll love the dining plan. There are so many great restaurants to pick from. You've picked some good ones so far, for your signature why not pick cali grill and get a view of the fireworks. This is where me and my boyfriend went and the bill was over $250 but all covered by the dining plan bar the tip. The view was great and we loved it! if not Le Cellier in Epcot is equally as nice although no firework views.

Look forward to reading more of your plans.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds good
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Great start to your pre trip report it sounds like you've got a fab holiday booked. Your boyfriend will have a great time once he's there. I took my boyfriend for his first trip in 2018 and he enjoyed it so much we are going again. Currently writing my Pre trip report Also in September! Its a great time to visit. He wasn't that interested in the planning ect although now he's been he defiantly understands it better.

You will love AKL. Its such a beautiful resort. It was my favourite up until we stayed at the boardwalk and now I cant decide.

We also wanted to fly from manchester but the flight prices were just crazy expensive. We opted to save money and fly from elsewhere and managed to get them for £394 pp so you could always try that?

The magical express is super easy. You just call up disney and add it to your booking. In the airport there are signs to direct you to the magical express and then off you go to disney.

Usually the 14 day pass for universal is not much more than the 2 day passes so i would opt for the 14 day. Thats what we normally do.

If your a foodie you'll love the dining plan. There are so many great restaurants to pick from. You've picked some good ones so far, for your signature why not pick cali grill and get a view of the fireworks. This is where me and my boyfriend went and the bill was over $250 but all covered by the dining plan bar the tip. The view was great and we loved it! if not Le Cellier in Epcot is equally as nice although no firework views.

Look forward to reading more of your plans.
Thank you for reading and for some great advice!
We have looked into flying from elsewhere or indirect... ruled out indirect and we think pricing will be similar once we’ve travelled down to London, however we will consider if the difference is worth it
I’ll have a look into Cali grill, thank you!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a great trip you've got planned, with time for the two of you and also time together as a group. It's the best of both worlds. I hope you and your mum enjoy your birthdays it seems like you've got some fun plans.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Sounds like a fab trip you are planning with a great mix of adventures, experiences and 'memory making', Looking forward to reading along

Polynesian 2016
Beach Club and Royal Pacific 2019
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Looks like you have a great trip planned. I like how you have time together as a family but also alone, you get the best of both worlds then August prices are mad, I really hope the flight prices come down for you this month. I thought by now they would have after TC but it seems they've stayed pretty much the same! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for taking the time to read everyone! We’re really looking forward to all the different aspects of our holiday As for the flight prices fingers crossed they come down, checking every day but they’re currently sky high! X
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I love a holiday within a holiday, sounds like you have a few planned. You go the day after us... I also have a big birthday to celebrate in September (least said the better though) Look forward to reading more of your plans as you go along
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List