Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Feb 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile 1 night ‘throw away booking’

Hi, I’ve booked a one night stay at a Disney partner hotel at the start of our holiday. I did this to get access to EMH and also the 60 day Fastpass for these 2 days. My question is can we access EMH each of those 2 days even if we don’t check in? There’s no online check in option on the MDE app as it’s a partner hotel rather than a Disney one! Has anyone done this? Thanks
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi
I have heard of Disney clamping down and cancelling fast passes that are booked at 60 days if the hotel booking is cancelled/not taken up?
Whether this applies to partner hotels I'm not sure, someone else might know the answer

julie

Welcome to our own Home From Home

4 bed/3 bath Golf Course Villa with Pool and Games Room

Updated carpets and kitchen appliances in 2021

JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
wdwnt/2019/02/wdw-fastpa...-reservations/

Doesn't mention partner hotels per se but I would be wary

JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you for your replies, I’m not planning to cancel it though :-) I’ve paid for the booking, it’s just that we probably won’t bother to use the room!
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Thank you for your replies, I’m not planning to cancel it though :-) I’ve paid for the booking, it’s just that we probably won’t bother to use the room!
Then you may well be Ok, I was just warning that Disney was planning to clamp down on people trying to use this particular loophole.

Old 24 Feb 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to jump in but can you tell me a little about this. I'm guessing I can book one of the Disney partner hotels for 1 night and I'll be able to get 60 day fastpass. Is this for check in and check out day. I would buy a 2 day ticket from Disney if this is the case. I'm guessing I also need to book the hotel through the Disney website. Thanks

Edited at 02:28 PM.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

I can only find these hotels on non Disney sites. How do I link reservation to mde if booked through trivago for example?
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
Sorry to jump in but can you tell me a little about this. I'm guessing I can book one of the Disney partner hotels for 1 night and I'll be able to get 60 day fastpass. Is this for check in and check out day. I would buy a 2 day ticket from Disney if this is the case. I'm guessing I also need to book the hotel through the Disney website. Thanks
Hi, you don’t have to book through Disney- you can do it directly with the partner hotel or you can use another site, I used hotels.com. Once booked they give you the reference you need to link on MDE. One thing I didn’t realised though was that you don’t get free parking with the partner hotel, so it might be worth paying slightly more and getting a value hotel at Disney?

I’m just really hoping we can use the EMH both days! I’ve emailed the hotel so I’ll report back here with what they say!
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Even though you've paid for the room, if you don't turn up and check in I would have thought they'd assume you weren't going to be there and cancel your booking.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Even though you've paid for the room, if you don't turn up and check in I would have thought they'd assume you weren't going to be there and cancel your booking.
Thanks, If this is the case we might have to take a detour there the first morning and collect the magic bands... I suppose they won’t know if we do/don’t stay there!