Have a claim running with my credit card 5 10.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jun 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

new Pole for virgin Atlantic refunds

so lets see how they are doing
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Requested my refund on 22nd May via WhatsApp. I've heard up to 4 months for refunds.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by madasahat View Post
so lets see how they are doing
You make me laugh with your VA obsession 😂😂 I'm not being rude 🙈 it's just funny 😆
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

To be fair, Madasahat may be of a similar personality to me.

I would be incensed with anybody or any company who had blatantly broken the law whilst coming up with absolutely ludicrous excuses for unlawfully retaining my money (not enough trained staff etc), I would be equally animated should someone burgle my house, steal my car etc , seeking every opportunity for revenge. That is just the way I am. I nearly lost my job as a Police Officer many years ago when a local ’character’ had the audacity to break into my car and steal my radio. I got my property back, but came close to unemployment...As the deputy Chief Constable made very clear whilst I stood to attention in front of him. I was young, impetuous and stupid in my formative years.

I am fortunate in that having closed down my vacation for March, I have been successful in getting my money back from 13 out of 14 suppliers (£4780 out of £4924). If I was owed several thousand pounds by Virgin and had been messed about like many DIBBERS have, I would be hell bent on deterring as many people as I could from ever using them again in an attempt to cause very much more damage to the business than the value of my money that they were refusing to return to me, thus breaking the law. I would just keep chipping away by highlighting the issue ... as Madasahat does. Revenge can be a dish best eaten cold!
I also firmly believe that even if Virgin were to return every single penny owed, later today... they must still be prosecuted and in the event of having been found guilty, pay a penalty that is proportionate to the size of the crime.

Many DIBBERS have shown remarkable tolerance and patience in their endeavours to get back what is rightfully theirs and I greatly admire that. In truth, I still lack either quality. I am vindictive when ‘wronged’.
I am owed a huge £144 by SF tours of San Francisco and I will pursue them mercilessly until such time as it is returned.. and from beyond the grave if necessary, mentioning it on the DIBB, Facebook and whenever anyone asks me for advice on USA vacations at work as they frequently do. Every person that I can deter from using their services is a ‘Payback’ from me. Meanwhile I have lodged a ‘chargeback’ with my credit card company.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:32 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
You make me laugh with your VA obsession 😂😂 I'm not being rude 🙈 it's just funny 😆
its not funny for the people who are being fobbed off that are owed thousands of pounds and have been waiting for months now i am up to day 71 and just been fobbed off again. they are effectively bankrupt and now trying to use future bookings to pay off there debt
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

its not funny for the people who are being fobbed off that are owed thousands of pounds and have been waiting for months now i am up to day 71 and just been fobbed off again. they are effectively bankrupt and now trying to use future bookings to pay off there debt
Oh god you obviously can't take a joke!
I too was one of those people not refunded by VA!
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
To be fair, Madasahat may be of a similar personality to me.

I would be incensed with anybody or any company who had blatantly broken the law whilst coming up with absolutely ludicrous excuses for unlawfully retaining my money (not enough trained staff etc), I would be equally animated should someone burgle my house, steal my car etc , seeking every opportunity for revenge. That is just the way I am. I nearly lost my job as a Police Officer many years ago when a local ’character’ had the audacity to break into my car and steal my radio. I got my property back, but came close to unemployment...As the deputy Chief Constable made very clear whilst I stood to attention in front of him. I was young, impetuous and stupid in my formative years.

I am fortunate in that having closed down my vacation for March, I have been successful in getting my money back from 13 out of 14 suppliers (£4780 out of £4924). If I was owed several thousand pounds by Virgin and had been messed about like many DIBBERS have, I would be hell bent on deterring as many people as I could from ever using them again in an attempt to cause very much more damage to the business than the value of my money that they were refusing to return to me by breaking the law. I would just keep chipping away by highlighting the issue ... as Madasahat does. Revenge can be a dish best eaten cold!

Many DIBBERS have shown remarkable tolerance and patience in their endeavours to get back what is rightfully theirs and I greatly admire that. In truth, I still lack either quality. I am vindictive when ‘wronged’.
I am owed a huge £144 by SF tours of San Francisco and I will pursue them mercilessly until such time as it is returned, mentioning it on the DIBB, Facebook and whenever anyone asks me for advice on USA vacations at work as they frequently do. Every person that I can deter from using their services is a ‘Payback’ from me. Meanwhile I have lodged a ‘chargeback’ with my credit card company.
this is exacly how i feel but put much more eloquently than i could
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

this is exacly how i feel but put much more eloquently than i could
You are very kind, Mr Hatter. I fully understand and can relate to the frustration that you feel. Good luck with your continued struggles.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
You are very kind, Mr Hatter. I fully understand and can relate to the frustration that you feel. Good luck with your continued struggles.
i have done a section 75 charg back but speaking to my bank they had 36000 cases to deal with
Old 25 Jun 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I’m just behind you, 59 days today, I’m trying to be patient but it’s very difficult!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List