Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Jun 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by baboons View Post
Agree with everything above; but for clarity, it's a ban on alcohol in bars only. Anywhere operating as a restaurant will continue to be able to serve alcohol, should anyone wish to go there.
I was just going to say this. If the majority of revenue is from alcohol sales (e.g. Jock Lindsay’s Hanger Bar at DS), then they are closed. A restaurant serving alcohol is still fine.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
At this rate Florida will become a no go zone for anyone with a modicum of sense. I’ll be cancelling 2021 at this rate.
We are wondering if we should postpone our January trip to much later in the year
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No Trader Sams my balance isnt due until Feb so a lot could change in 7/8 months (i hope)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
No Trader Sams my balance isnt due until Feb so a lot could change in 7/8 months (i hope)
This is what I mean, for me it isn't the alcohol at all. But so many amazing places aren't going to be there, I just think it'll affect the atmosphere
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CheshireCat4 View Post
This is what I mean, for me it isn't the alcohol at all. But so many amazing places aren't going to be there, I just think it'll affect the atmosphere
What's more important - measures taken to try and prevent the spread of the virus or holiday atmosphere? Incidentally I've got 5 complimentary nights at the Polynesian so intended going to TS too.

Edited at 09:55 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t see it being long term.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
We are wondering if we should postpone our January trip to much later in the year
I should clarify we are not thinking about postponing due to the alcohol ban !
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
I should clarify we are not thinking about postponing due to the alcohol ban !
Same we are due to go in November however we aren't doing Disney apart from going to Cirque du Soleil but still no info on that. We are just going to the coast for shopping and relax.

Think if the flight goes ahead we will go.
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
What's more important - measures taken to try and prevent the spread of the virus or holiday atmosphere? Incidentally I've got 5 complimentary nights at the Polynesian so intended going to TS too.
There has to be a balance between the two, or why open? A limit on drinks and seated service only in bars? Or have them open but with a change in what they offer. Serve non alcoholic cocktails, offer a coffee shop service, just don't have the shutters down on them all. Overall holiday atmosphere is why people go after all.
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Same we are due to go in November however we aren't doing Disney apart from going to Cirque du Soleil but still no info on that. We are just going to the coast for shopping and relax.

Think if the flight goes ahead we will go.
We aren’t doing Disney either. Staying on IDrive and doing Universal, Seaworld, Aquatica, Volcano Bay and Busch gardens. Its years since we have done these parks, first time for both of the waterparks, and think we would rather go later on in the year when hopefully things will be back to normal... or will they ? Goodness I hope so !