Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Jul 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Where is everyone going this summer/autumn?

Thought I'd start a thread so we can post where we've booked now the advice is changing. Not just abroad, UK breaks welcome!

I really want to go somewhere but need a bit of inspiration and tips from Dibbers who have something booked; where are you going/who with/any bargains/any problems/any restrictions that you've been advised of etc

We have Orlando booked for Oct but in the process of moving it (hopefully) so now looking at maybe Spain...but I'd like to try somewhere I've not been before if I can get a bargain, maybe Mexico (if we can get in) or Caribbean, or somewhere in the UK. Probably going to be late August or even into October if warm enough.

I've not been on a holiday in the UK since I used to go with my parents every summer to Cornwall, so have no idea how bookings are going for UK stays.

Will be interesting to see how the summer advices changes if more places open up and if we leave it until last minute could we see some great bargains I wonder?
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

6 weeks ago we booked a house in St Ives for 9 weeks time (mid September) We are 4 couples going (3 from same family)
We figured everyone would be thinking of a UK holiday, so got in reasonably quick before lock down eased. Hopefully it will be nice weather in September and schools will be back. We rushed a bit as there was only one week left available.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Just booked caravan is Gisburn end August for hubbys birthday! Take lots of food and drink and enjoy the change of scenery. Dont plan on using any facilities on the site.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Booked 3 nights in a Lake District Spa Hotel mid August. Really hoping they will be able to open the pool by then. We should have flown to Mexico yesterday. I wouldn't try booking Mexico for this year, their infection rate is still climbing!
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

New York and Florida holidays cancelled this year so now going to Whitby. Got a cottage right on the river Esk last week in August. Looking forward to walks on the beach and fish and chips.
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Inverness self catering apartment for a week in 2 weeks time. Never been to that part of Scotland. Some of it will be open, but some still closed, but at least there is lots of space, countryside, fresh air and a change of scenery from home.
Then nothing else booked but have last week in August and October half term off work.
I keep flip flopping between staying in UK and venturing to a villa in Spain. No interest in staying in a hotel with buffet food or getting on a long flight. Oh what to do!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're going to Cornwall to stay with my brother in law, we're lucky that we don't have to pay for anywhere to stay down here (we're here at the moment)

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve changed our Mexico holiday in October to Majorca. Felt Mexico wasn’t safe as their rates are very high.

We decided on a large AI hotel as it won’t be full capacity so there will be space to social distance. The hotel website has a video explaining their safety procedures and I also emailed them and they gave a reassuring reply. Food will be buffet style but servers will put food onto the plates to prevent many people touching the food.

We are planning a relaxing break, mainly staying in the hotel, but also going for strolls along the prom and beach. Masks need to be worn in all shops and in any outdoor area where 1.5m distancing isn’t possible which I think is reasonable
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re going to Bude in cornwall to stay in my parents chalet. Using it as a base to see my family in North Devon (Finally meet my new nephew) plenty of beach visits and lots of fresh air.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve got a week in a lodge with a hot tub in County Durham in September. It was originally booked for June and we decided to try for later this year rather than moving to next year. Just me and OH and we’re looking forward to a change of scenery!