Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Neighbours trying to steal our cat

Hes very obviously owned, wearing a collar with a bell and tracker on it.

He normally wakes me up around 5am to go out, I've just gone looking for him-15 hours later and found him where he normally is (near these neighbours) as I was walking home with him they tried to call him over.
I should have gone and said something but better I calmed down first.

Right now hes shut in the house with us-the downstairs bathroom has a "cat house" that he can get to via the window but hes crying at the bathroom door to get out.

I feel so mean doing this to him but hes our cat!
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I know you have taken in many cats and I love that as a cat lover.

But could he just be happier away from a lot of other cats and prefer to be with your neighbours who seem to have taken to him too if they are calling him.

Cats all have such different personalities.

Perhaps he’s crying to get out because that’s where he wants to be.

Sorry, that sounds hard even reading it back myself as a cat owner, but they do say a cat owns you.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Perhaps they feed him better quality food than you do?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would perhaps nicely ask them not to feed him and not tempt him into their house. If they keep on, ask them if they would like to pay for 1/2 of the pet insurance and vet fees.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You never really own a cat. If he has chosen the other family then there isn’t a great deal you can do.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I had a cat that walked in to my house about 3years ago, he was clearly someone ones cat, he decided he liked all the dishes of food that were down for my own cat and promptly moved in. I tried all ways to find out who his owner was but to no avail. He’s a little tearaway at times but has no intention of moving on. Maybe this cats the same, he just prefers it elsewhere. Like most folk have said you never really own a cat.
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I know its hard as one of my cats has done the same but locking the cat in bathroom is just cruel, my cat went missing 2 weeks I later found out she was living with another family well they found me as she is chipped, she still comes round but spends more time at there's than mine if we get worried we just knock on each others door to just ask if she safe and there mainly during storms or if we don't see her for long time and I mean they live 4 roads away.
Maybe go to speak to them and just explain the situation and ask them if they would like to take the cat in and it's responsibility or you can just let it go back and forth we have 5 cats we had 6 at the time she just don't like the multi cat household
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
I know its hard as one of my cats has done the same but locking the cat in bathroom is just cruel, my cat went missing 2 weeks I later found out she was living with another family well they found me as she is chipped, she still comes round but spends more time at there's than mine if we get worried we just knock on each others door to just ask if she safe and there mainly during storms or if we don't see her for long time and I mean they live 4 roads away.
Maybe go to speak to them and just explain the situation and ask them if they would like to take the cat in and it's responsibility or you can just let it go back and forth we have 5 cats we had 6 at the time she just don't like the multi cat household
It's not just the bathroom, o/h built a big enclosure he can go out to through the bathroom window to.
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
It's not just the bathroom, o/h built a big enclosure he can go out to through the bathroom window to.
It's the same if the cat isn't happy about multi cat household next time you let it out he may not come back at all. Like I said my one just didn't like it the others will go out and be back within an earshot of been called very rare that they aren't back by 20 mins I call
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
It's the same if the cat isn't happy about multi cat household next time you let it out he may not come back at all. Like I said my one just didn't like it the others will go out and be back within an earshot of been called very rare that they aren't back by 20 mins I call
All the other cats are outdoor cats, they've been that way since tiny and are quite happy.

He was an indoor cat but has been going out but staying out longer and longer.