Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Aug 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
YT when I read about the delay,it did sort of make you wonder what was going to happen as surely they all had a plan to move & you couldn't keep changing on & off IYKWIM.

JS- Is it worth it? If you are only going to eat Counter Service, with the exception of Polite Pig, then there is a saving but it's not massive BUT if we are talking "proper" sit-down then for us $20-$30/person saving, 2 examples:
Olive Garden- 2 soups, huge salad,breadsticks + 4 mains (it was a BOGOF deal) = $42
Mannys - All you can eat salad, 1 24oz steak, 1 salmon & 2x soft drinks = $60
Our average "Disney" sit down meal was pushing $100.
Of the DS places we would still go to PP & Chef Art's, the rest we could take or leave.
One other tip is to get a Landry's VIP card, $25 but you get the $25 back on your first meal plus you register your "Disney Birthday" & get a further $25 every year- this get's you front of the queue at places like T-Rex & Rainforest - good for those nights where you can't make your mind up.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The Landrys card is brilliant. We use it every trip to walk into one of our favourite restaurants Yak and Yeti.
Old 16 Aug 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Looks like that article in May 2020 Scooby is saying many or most businesses have shut up shop in the pandemic in Crossroads. Sad times. Good tip on the Crossing, we quite like Olive Garden.
I used to like the Olive Garden but much prefer Carabbas (sp?) and Macaroni Grill now - if you haven’t tried them think about it, we would not choose OG over them. Though the salad is great for salad lovers (I’m not!)
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I used to like the Olive Garden but much prefer Carabbas (sp?) and Macaroni Grill now - if you haven’t tried them think about it, we would not choose OG over them. Though the salad is great for salad lovers (I’m not!)
Yes been going to Carrabbas for 18 years, get a good one and they are brilliant.

Macaroni Grill, I’ve only ever done two of them, one near Hershey and the other in Florida. Both were excellent, I am a chicken parm fan and this was superb there.

We also like Bonefish Grill as a chain. The one in Naples next to the harbour in particular.

Like all chains though there are some good ones and some not as good. They are not all equal in quality and I’ve had brilliant and average Olive Garden, Carrabbas, Red Lobster, Longhorn, Outback etc depending on location.

Edited at 01:58 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

The reason I am keen on the walking distance is I never bother driving when on holiday. So it will either be walking restaurants or uber (but as I have said above, Uber is a bit more expensive when you need a car seat).
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
JS apart from last year, when we had family out for 2 weeks, the last time that we had a car was something like 2012- we walk everywhere. We have good quality ponchos & TBH only a proper Florida downpour would stop us, I'd say we walk to LBV area most nights. Before owning we stayed in this area every trip so we love going back to our favourites
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
No idea about offsite, but we stayed at SSR in 2014 and it was a 10 min walk to DS - particularly from Congress Park where we were, it was quicker to walk to Marketplace than to the SSR main building at Carriage House.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for everyone's help. I anticipate that we will mix it up by doing takeaways, walking to DS and walking to Crossroads each night. I guess it probably won't make too much of a saving walking to DS for just counter stuff as opposed to Crossroads.

We aren't massive fans of proper sit down long drawn out meals so DS would work equally as well, even for a bit of a mark up in price.
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Don’t forget SSR has counter service, though it is less extensive than other resorts - partly because people have cooking facilities in their villas.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List