Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Sep 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tdon View Post
I can't see it being offered for a few years at least. Demand for holidays will go through the roof once things simmer down. You'll have all of the people who wanted to go in 2020 looking to replace trips and then the usual guests. Tickets will be like gold dust
I think, after the initial spike of everyone desperate to use up their holiday allowance and having vouchers for pre-existing trips to use, we will see a decline in demand for holidays. We are heading into a bad recession and holidays are the first thing a lot of people will cut back on to save money.

Especially luxury trips like Florida, for us brits. People will opt for cheaper European destinations instead - Spain, Portugal, Canaries etc.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Didn't they introduce the dining plan as a huge incentive to get people back to the parks after a period of financial uncertainty? Financial crash 2007/2008? Not sure if I made that up but sure I read it on here.

If so, I would be confident they will bring it back, even more so now due to Covid. They've temporarily removed the option of any dining plan (free or paid) as not all the restaurants are open, and I guess they're not sure when the restaurants will be back at full capacity right now. They have more pressing concerns than dining plans.

I don't think I would stay on site without a dining plan, or if I do it'll be at the cheapest value resort...
We had free dining in a moderate in 2006. Starter, entree, dessert, tip, all included. This was to keep occupancy levels as high as possible for all hotels.

My personal view is that they will keep a number of hotels fully closed for the time being - they now have more hotel rooms and won’t realistically be able to keep them full.

I think dining plans will be used as leverage but not sure it will be in the first phase of incentives, personally.
Old 7 Sep 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I think, after the initial spike of everyone desperate to use up their holiday allowance and having vouchers for pre-existing trips to use, we will see a decline in demand for holidays. We are heading into a bad recession and holidays are the first thing a lot of people will cut back on to save money.

Especially luxury trips like Florida, for us brits. People will opt for cheaper European destinations instead - Spain, Portugal, Canaries etc.
I totally agree.
Old 7 Sep 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I agree with this, we already have the money saved for Florida but if this needs to be used for something else like paying the bill then it will do and we won’t go. It’s also the amount we will spend to go, if it costs more than this or we will need a lot more spend then it is simple we will not go.
I am desperate to go back to Florida and it makes me sad that I can’t go next year but it has a limit of how much I will spend to do that.
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

I've just spoke to a Travel agent, they say Disney want to offer the Dining plan next year, but as of yet can't do so due to the situation.
They want to offer incentives to get us back in the parks.
To be honest, I'm not paying 10 grand plus for no dining, limited park use, no fireworks or lack of parades, social distancing and masks.
I'll wait until my money gets me a full holiday, not half of one.
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1RGJ View Post
I've just spoke to a Travel agent, they say Disney want to offer the Dining plan next year, but as of yet can't do so due to the situation.
They want to offer incentives to get us back in the parks.
To be honest, I'm not paying 10 grand plus for no dining, limited park use, no fireworks or lack of parades, social distancing and masks.
I'll wait until my money gets me a full holiday, not half of one.
What travel agent was that please?

There have been numerous posts on here where agents have given misinformation in the hope of a sale. There's a post on here today stating that Virgin told the poster that all Disney hotels would open on 1 November!
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
What travel agent was that please?

There have been numerous posts on here where agents have given misinformation in the hope of a sale. There's a post on here today stating that Virgin told the poster that all Disney hotels would open on 1 November!
Happy ever after holidays.
I was looking for flight Hotel package for next year, we discussed dining and options if it comes on after purchase.
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1RGJ View Post
Happy ever after holidays.
I was looking for flight Hotel package for next year, we discussed dining and options if it comes on after purchase.
Never believe a TA - they will tell you all sorts to get a sale. If CMs at WDTC don’t know then Ever After Holidays won’t know.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

He didn't say they knew, he mearly stated there is ongoing discussions, and that's what they would like to do, but nothing is confirmed
Old 7 Sep 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Never believe a TA - they will tell you all sorts to get a sale. If CMs at WDTC don’t know then Ever After Holidays won’t know.
Totally agree.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List