Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 17 Oct 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

DS & partner have moved in to their first flat & Ive bought them a set of saucepans, & a meat carving set
DD & her partner live in Lancashire & so far have got them a metal coaster each with their name engraved with a built in bottle opener from Not On The High Street
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am stamping my own paper this year ... good idea but hard work! 😃

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've nothing done yet as we have 6 family birthdays in October, so will start thinking about it all next week.

I'm laughing to myself reading these lovely posts and thinking of my DHs usual preparations. He used to finish work at 1pm on Xmas Eve, walk into town and go to Boots, HMV, the jewellers and the perfume shop and be back home in his armchair by 4pm. Job done lol
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Sadly I won't be doing anything. Not able to plan, as been off work since March 16th with no sign of being able to return before Feb/March (I work in theatre and the theatre I work at mostly is closed "till Spring". Govt support for me ends in 2 weeks so planning anything is really not an option. Normally I would be working, seeing friends etc but just me and the dog this year. I do like seeing the comments here as it does help things feel a bit "normal" or I would go bonkers

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
Sadly I won't be doing anything. Not able to plan, as been off work since March 16th with no sign of being able to return before Feb/March (I work in theatre and the theatre I work at mostly is closed "till Spring". Govt support for me ends in 2 weeks so planning anything is really not an option. Normally I would be working, seeing friends etc but just me and the dog this year. I do like seeing the comments here as it does help things feel a bit "normal" or I would go bonkers
I’m so sorry Teachx! It must be so difficult. I cannot start to imagine how hard Christmas, or any planning must be. Sending hugs x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Christmas is going to be so difficult for so many, both in the social restrictions and financial outlay. The thing to remeber is to make the most of what we have. X its made me realise how much i usually overbuy. I think this year we arent doing our family secret santa either. Making up hampers for a few people as gifts, getting a few bits when i go shopping.
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ginwithaslice View Post
I've nothing done yet as we have 6 family birthdays in October, so will start thinking about it all next week.

I'm laughing to myself reading these lovely posts and thinking of my DHs usual preparations. He used to finish work at 1pm on Xmas Eve, walk into town and go to Boots, HMV, the jewellers and the perfume shop and be back home in his armchair by 4pm. Job done lol
Alway heavy for me in october, like you six birthdays, three this year are milestone birthdays too! Luckily 2 fall on halloween so thats a different payday!