Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Oct 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet

Just watched this on Netflix. Extremely well made and a powerful film about the impact we are having on the planet. It certainly made me think more about making changes to our diet.

Attenborough’s passion for the planet shines through and he’s always been an icon in our household and he’s one of the reasons why our DD is studying Biology at university with an aim to work in the conservation sector. I hope she can realise her dream one day and she can make a small difference, but this programme shows we all need to make changes to save the planet for all of us. Definitely worth watching.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Just watched this on Netflix. Extremely well made and a powerful film about the impact we are having on the planet. It certainly made me think more about making changes to our diet.

Attenborough’s passion for the planet shines through and he’s always been an icon in our household and he’s one of the reasons why our DD is studying Biology at university with an aim to work in the conservation sector. I hope she can realise her dream one day and she can make a small difference, but this programme shows we all need to make changes to save the planet for all of us. Definitely worth watching.
Thought it was a real eye opener, it might not happen in my lifetime, but will effect mine/our kids lives and there kids. Gotta love him he speaks with a passion about the planet , life, his / ours and every animal.
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Thought it was a real eye opener, it might not happen in my lifetime, but will effect mine/our kids lives and there kids. Gotta love him he speaks with a passion about the planet , life, his / ours and every animal.
The time scale predicted in the film was far too soon for comfort. To think of the possible outcome in our children’s lifetime is very worrying.

Attenborough’s enthusiasm is fantastic, the way the film showed his career was really interesting too. As he said himself, he’s had an amazing life.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

My 14yr old actually got upset about the amount of devastation that we've caused over the years ... a very moving and very well done documentary.
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
My 14yr old actually got upset about the amount of devastation that we've caused over the years ... a very moving and very well done documentary.
It was very hard to watch at some points, quite scary to see how quickly we’ve managed to mess it up so much too. I just hope it can be turned around for your and my children and grandchildren’s futures
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

I watch a youtube channel about seal rescue youtube/c/namibnaude

These animals tangled in everything from fishing line to a builders hard hat. Its scary what is getting into our oceans 😤
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
I watch a youtube channel about seal rescue youtube/c/namibnaude

These animals tangled in everything from fishing line to a builders hard hat. Its scary what is getting into our oceans 😤
It’s heartbreaking to see how it’s affecting the wildlife. The coral bleaching shocked me on the documentary too. However, I don’t think I’d really understood the huge effect it was making on our lives and the planet itself until I saw the film yesterday
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I found it very eye opening and almost heartbreaking at times.
The one scene with the orangutan in the tree had me in tears.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
I found it very eye opening and almost heartbreaking at times.
The one scene with the orangutan in the tree had me in tears.
That scene did the same for me, such a beautiful animal. It’s tragic to see the damage humans are causing.
Old 24 Oct 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

This should have been labelled 'true horror'.

A chilling reminder the human race is destroying this planet.

He does provide some hope, but we need to make big changes right now.

Must watch.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List