Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 19 Oct 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

One4All voucher avoid

Just a word of warning for those buying vouchers. I'd personally avoid one4all voucher.

My husband and I both got one for our birthday from his parents. It's been a real struggle trying to use them. It turns out you can't spend more than the voucher amount i.e can't top up with a credit card so have to spend exact amount.

It doesn't apply to us but maximum spend per transactions is £40 so if buying a high amount one they will have to do separate orders to use it.
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Didn't realise they do vouchers. I got given a card and was able to "top up" my spend in the store. Was a pain having to check the balance on the card though
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Didn't realise they do vouchers. I got given a card and was able to "top up" my spend in the store. Was a pain having to check the balance on the card though
Sorry it was a gift card not voucher. You can top up in store but not online. We now have to think of a gentle way to ask my husbands parents to avoid them in the future.
Old 19 Oct 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Sorry it was a gift card not voucher. You can top up in store but not online. We now have to think of a gentle way to ask my husbands parents to avoid them in the future.
I know if you don't use it up in 18 months they take a charge of 90p a month off the card

Wonder if they buy them as they can get them easily at the Post Office.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bella
VIP Dibber

bella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We accept these where I work and you can split the payment between the gift card and a credit card. The main problem we get are customers often do not know how much balance is on them so if we try to take a penny more than they have then it gets rejected.
bella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD has had them in the past and they are a pain as shops can stop taking them at any point. A few shops listed on website no longer took them. With things the way they are at the moment the only vouchers DD wants are Primark, whamiths or amazon. Any shops that dont survive christmas the cards will be useless.
Old 19 Oct 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I use these all the time in the Republic of Ireland - I didn’t realise they were available in the UK. I find them great as it gives you the security of being able to use them in quite a lot of high street stores and you’re not at risk of losing your money as you would be if you bought a voucher for a specific store.
Yes keeping track of the amount on them can be a pain, but it is easy to do online. I love them!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've never had a problem with them. I always check my balance online before I go shopping and have always been able to pay the difference with a Debit or Credit Card.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve never experienced that issue before.

I’ve always been able to pay the difference with either cash/card.
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
I’ve never experienced that issue before.

I’ve always been able to pay the difference with either cash/card.
Is that in store?
Online they said you can't top up with a credit card/another voucher.

Just a warning to be mindful especially for anyone that likes online shopping. Guess the trick is to go into a store.