Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jul 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. If your Son goes on to Sytner and searches their stock he can put a host of filters on to narrow down to what they have. I suspect other dealers do this as well.

My latest car was hauled in from Tamworth and I bought it unseen albeit I could have declined it.

It's a buyers market and haggling is essential. For his budget I would be going in hard and when he is satisfied he has got the best deal he possibly can then hit them for more. I always get the service pack as no way am I paying £500+ for services.

There is always room for a deal. Oh, the good thing with Sytner is they always put brand new tyres on a 2nd hand car as standard.
How do fancy a free night in Scotland and you can negotiate on his behalf 😂😂
Old 30 Jul 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Out of interest, has your son had an insurance quote for it?

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The one thing no one has mentioned so far is a new/nearly new 320 for a 19 year old means the puchase price isn't the biggest issue; for a 2 year old BMW 320i you'd be looking at about 2-3000 per year in insurance
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by johnd View Post
out of interest, has your son had an insurance quote for it?
snap !
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi guys it’s a buyers market haggle hard and as others said be prepared to walk away.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Mobile

He’s been quoted £2700 that’s with me and his dad on it. He’s got a really well paid job lol 😆
Old 30 Jul 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
He’s been quoted £2700 that’s with me and his dad on it. He’s got a really well paid job lol 😆
Obviously it's his cash and he can spend it how he likes.

Has he considered buying a second hand corsa (or something similar) costing about £4000 and about £600 a year in insurance. In three years he'd have saved about £20K which is a decent amount to start a house deposit with.

A 19 year old (unless he looks much older) will spend most of his time in a newish BMW at the side of the road saying "yes officer it is my car..."
Old 30 Jul 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ong, some people do lime to splash the cash! DH And ds1 both have good cars but10k is their max spend. Forme, asong as it is safe ill drive anything. 19 years does seem a bit young for such a big car. But its his cash xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Obviously it's his cash and he can spend it how he likes.

Has he considered buying a second hand corsa (or something similar) costing about £4000 and about £600 a year in insurance. In three years he'd have saved about £20K which is a decent amount to start a house deposit with.

A 19 year old (unless he looks much older) will spend most of his time in a newish BMW at the side of the road saying "yes officer it is my car..."
lol. He’s trading in his polo. He’s one of those boys that knows better and will do and spend his money the way he wants. Believe me I’ve tried and tried about a lot of things but he’s not interested. On his last pay day he got a £450 body warmer and the following week it was dirty and he had to pay £45 to get it dried cleaned. He drives me crazy 🙄🙄
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
well he was only offered a £300 discount and no service pack. The monthly payment went down to £294 and that was after to-ing and fro-ing with his manager lol. So DS walked away in the end. DH said the salesman was looking gutted so will see if he phones back with a better offer today