Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Feb 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chelsea01 View Post
I went to Miami when I was 9 in 1993. We flew with Virgin Atlantic & I can remember having a Virgin Atlantic back pack, it had loads of stuff in it like colouring book & crayons, a note book, a little book to read about plains & a little pack of sweets. Kids don’t get that today.
Those packs were amazing . My kids were just as excited getting one of those as going on holiday.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

My first holiday was to turkey, I was four years old. Back then turkey wasn’t really a holiday destination like it is now. I can’t quite remember where in turkey, but I remember my parents saying they were pretty sure we were the only tourists (At the time of our holiday) in that particular part of turkey. This was back in may 1992

Edited at 10:37 AM.
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

These were amazing ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
I went to Majorca in 1965 when I was 11 with my mum,dad and older sister. We flew on Brittania Airways. Those were the days when flying short haul you got a free meal. I thought flying was fantastic . People use to get dressed up as well. Not a pair of trainers or jogging bottoms in sight.
Oh gosh, Britannia airways. I flew with them a few times.

My first holiday to Florida I was 12 years old and we flew with Airtours, anybody remember them? If I’m not mistaken Thomson took over.
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

1964, a school skiing trip to Switzerland when I was 13. We travelled by train. Supposed to have reserved compartments on the French train but locals kept trying to force their way in and the teachers had to stand in the corridor for hours. I will always remember one of the ‘in’ girls in our compartment had a cold sore and kept putting 4711 on it and crying because it stung.

Turned out I hated skiing and wasn’t to fussed on the snow either. Wooden floors and socks only inside, I told them I’d slipped and twisted my ankle so didn’t have to go out for the last few days.

The following year my brother went and loved it. His best friend fell and badly broke his leg - no sympathy from my 11 year old brother. He took lots of pictures, including one of the stretcher being manoeuvred onto the train. Poor kid was in agony the whole way home.
paw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we went to Belgium in 1972 when i was 3 , my dads sister lived there at the time, it was great , the first time i met my cousins . I have very vivid memories of it despite being 3

didnt go abroad again till 1982, we went to austria on a coach holiday, i really enjoyed it but 1/2 way through news filtered through that Kevin Keegan had signed for Newcastle & I was desperate to get home..
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
1969. Tunisia... so exotic hammamet...
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Doc88 View Post
My first holiday was to turkey, I was four years old. Back then turkey wasn’t really a holiday destination like it is now. I can’t quite remember where in turkey, but I remember my parents saying they were pretty sure we were the only tourists (At the time of our holiday) in that particular part of turkey. This was back in may 1992
My first trip out of the UK that needed a passport was to Turkey and it would have been early summer 1993 when I was 23. It was a very popular tourist destination at the time, you must have gone somewhere very unusual.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

First holiday abroad was in 1987 to Yugoslavia with my boyfriend (now DH)
Never went with my parents so think that’s why I love going so much now ... well when we can!
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

1991 to Orlando aged 11
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List