Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Feb 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Why are people putting off until 2022?

Just interested in why people think things will be alot different in 2022 as opposed to sept/Nov/Dec 2021. We have vaccines now, loads of us will be vaccinated by then, transmission is apparently reduced with the vaccines. We were told winter will possibly bring lockdowns and more cases so does this mean every winter things will get worse so no holidays. Then there's the risk of variants, surely if variants are happening now they will also occur next year too? Just genuinely interested coz if my sept holiday can't go ahead my back up was April 2022 but would that be able to even go ahead then if that cant happen will sept 2022 be able to go ahead. How will we ever be able to go back to normal life with the constant risk of new variants
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Too many variables for me at the moment. So I’ll wait until 2022
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally speaking. I'd like to see several months of normality both in Europe and the USA with no restrictions IE masks , social distancing etc etc before committing. I'm aiming for either May or September 2022.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I have reservations for August and Xmas and will be heading for booking something in for May/June time next year as well in case. For August the problem for us is likely we wont be vaccinated and tests will be too costly and stressful and then none of us really want to have to deal with masks. I reckon August is gone for us at this stage, also we are in Ireland so vaccines way behind
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

It all depends on the situation in the USA too. There is talk about closing off for Americans travelling into the state of Florida at the minute, don’t think it’s going to happen but certainly not good for us Brits if they don’t allow their own. Our vaccine roll out is a lot quicker than theirs so depends on what they will be like. I don’t want to be all down about stuff but I’m booked to go in May 21 and am beginning to wonder if May 22 will be any better despite us being vaccinated it’s also dependent on how they are doing. Wish we had a crystal ball!
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m fed up with constantly having to change my plans, leading to being disappointed every time we’ve booked something. We’ve cancelled aug 2020, New York Nov 2020, Florida Feb 21 (should have been flying today for 11 nights), August 2021 and New York Nov 2021. There is no way either of us can quarantine before or after a holiday. Everyone has their own reasons, I also don’t want to sit on a plane with a mask on, I wear full PPE all day at work, that’s enough for me. I’m more confident for 2022 but under no illusions there may be some restrictions. If so, we will asses it again then, we have to all do our own risk assessments based on our own circumstance aswell as what we’re ‘allowed’ to do.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I'll be covering all bases - I will book for 2022 as well, for sure - but we also have two bookings for 2021 at the moment.
June (just looking to move this to December) and September, which we will leave alone for now...

I think 2022 will be better in terms of mask wearing and social distancing for some visitors (neither of which bother me one little bit by the way! ) and I can see why people would rather have those restrictions lifted - but I think 2022, if 2021 doesn't happen for international travel, may likely be packed to the rafters with eager guests who have been chomping at the bit for a bit of Disney/universal/Floridian magic!
Even so, 2022, I will be there! . If we can!

Edited at 08:34 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Not me. I am still assuming we will be in Florida in October/November.
1. Got amazing business class flight prices. Once travel is publicly open, prices will rocket. Flights are moveable if needed. Might take a bit of effort, but a small price to pay.
2. Car easily cancelable. 2 minutes effort.
3. Villa easily moveable. 2 minutes effort.

I have resigned myself to masks in the airport and on the flight.

I will move this only if I have to.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

The way we see it we’ve got nothing to lose by leaving our booking where it is for this July, if we get to go yay brilliant, it may not be the full experience but at least it’s a holiday and dh gets a break from work. If we have to cancel we can do it up to 3 weeks beforehand it’s not the end of the world we will just try again next year. What I would be gutted about is cancelling the booking now and then life opening up again and the prices shooting up so we couldn’t justify paying them and missing out on the opportunity.
If WDW offers come out we will put a deposit down for next year and the same for flights.
I guess I keep hoping we can get away as my ds is 16 now and I’m worried opportunities for family holidays with him are running out😭
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’m not waiting until 2022
Just waiting until we can travel to the US and then will look into it