Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Feb 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
VIP Dibber

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Where in Greece ?

Hi
Where in Greece is the best place for a holiday for 2 adults. Love a good beach and somewhere not too quiet. Thanks 😊
Old 18 Feb 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

We went to Kiotari in Rhodes in 2019 which is lovely but pretty quiet however we visited Lindos which is only about 20 mins away and it is much more lively and has loads of bars and restaurants, Rhodes Old Town was also really nice
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Pefkos in Rhodes is lovely. It's a compact town so easy to get around but soooooo many bars and restaurants which are all amazing (take a look on trip advisor). The beach is beautiful and we hired a car for a few days to explore too.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I like Rhodes too, we went to the Atlantica Dreams resort in Gennadi last summer and had a great time. Kos, Mykonos and Santorini are also lovely... I donít think you can go wrong with Greece really!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We loved Kefalonia,We stayed in skala lots of the beaches are stony but there was a gorgeous sandy beach where the fish nip your toes. Lovely food and people, beautiful scenery amd lots of goats, cows, cats and dogs.
Old 18 Feb 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyGWales
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Depends where you can fly to, and whether you are prepared to get a ferry or onward travel when you get there.

Some places I like are

Lassi on Cephalonia
Poros island just off Athens
Koutouloufari in Crete
Parga on the mainland
Thassos (although not to everyone's taste)
Pefkos on Rhodes.
Skiathos town
Mykonos.

Lots to choose from. Some suggestions that a package option is best this summer given uncertainties. I have booked DIY but would prefer to have packaged up. Enjoy wherever you go.
FamilyGWales is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Anywhere. Greece is beautiful all over! 💜🇬🇷🇬🇷🇬🇷
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to Kos last year just us 2 adults. We stayed in kardamena . We loved it . Did hire a car to explore the island . Was gorgeous..
Crete was lovely too.
Kefalonia is hopefully next on the list ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Depends where you can fly to, and whether you are prepared to get a ferry or onward travel when you get there.

Some places I like are

Lassi on Cephalonia
Poros island just off Athens
Koutouloufari in Crete
Parga on the mainland
Thassos (although not to everyone's taste)
Pefkos on Rhodes.
Skiathos town
Mykonos.

Lots to choose from. Some suggestions that a package option is best this summer given uncertainties. I have booked DIY but would prefer to have packaged up. Enjoy wherever you go.
Ooh . Could you tell me about koutouloufari please ?
If all goes well we will be in Crete in July and was looking at this place but wondered how quiet it was and how near it was to hersonnisos and Stalis and the beach ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FamilyGWales
VIP Dibber

Well if you will be there I will be following you. Booked for August.

It is a quieter yet bustling village with loads of tavernas and a good dining reputation in the hills overlooking Hersonnissos, and is along the road from old Hersonnissos. The three villages kind of merge. Very easy access (but walking down the hill) to all that Hersonnissos has to offer.
The beaches in the area are long and thin and probably not in the category of stunning. There are lots of places with fabulous pools which of course as always in Greece you can use at will (as long as you get something food or drinks from the bar).

Here is nice (well in my view anyway !). marnivillage/

If looking for good balance of beach and quiet yet bustling evenings lassi in Kefalonia on my list wins.
FamilyGWales is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List