Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Throw away booking

If I book a single person on the dates I want at the hotel i want for 2022 now will i be able to adjust my booking to the correct number of people and add deals later on? What are the possible pitfalls of doing it like that?
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

No pitfalls. I’ve done it a few times. Just pay the extra £50pp deposit when you add the others on to the booking.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Basically you lose your deposit
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
No pitfalls. I’ve done it a few times. Just pay the extra £50pp deposit when you add the others on to the booking.
Does it matter whether you add park tickets or not?
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Just re-read your question sorry, I’m not sure you’ll be able to add deals on that haven’t been offered yet. Usually you can’t. Normally with Disney UK you have to book with the offer that you want. Disney US you can add on different offers. Things might be different for this year though so probably best to call them.

To answer your other question if the original booking has park tickets then I think everyone has to have the same deal. Not sure you could have some room only and some as a package.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Normally, no you wouldn’t be able to add on any deals however if you book with someone offering free cancellation then technically you could cancel and rebook. So if Disney are currently doing free cancellation and amendments then really you’ve nothing to lose. Although to be honest I’m not convinced there’s much to gain either.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Normally, no you wouldn’t be able to add on any deals however if you book with someone offering free cancellation then technically you could cancel and rebook. So if Disney are currently doing free cancellation and amendments then really you’ve nothing to lose. Although to be honest I’m not convinced there’s much to gain either.
I’ve seen it done before to secure a particular room type in a particular resort if there aren’t so many of them. If you’re booking a normal room in a large resort, then I’d agree, no point booking. The reason we took a refund last year was to prevent loss of deposits on rack rates if a decent deal comes up. I figured enough people would still be reluctant to travel that we won’t be in any danger of not getting a room.
Old 20 Feb 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
I’ve seen it done before to secure a particular room type in a particular resort if there aren’t so many of them. If you’re booking a normal room in a large resort, then I’d agree, no point booking. The reason we took a refund last year was to prevent loss of deposits on rack rates if a decent deal comes up. I figured enough people would still be reluctant to travel that we won’t be in any danger of not getting a room.
Yes I agree that’s the only reason I would do it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List