Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We've gone against the grain and at the moment have chosen MK Christmas Eve (I think Christmas Eve is more magical than Christmas Day itself) and Epcot Christmas Day. Staying at the Yacht Club so thinking might just fancy a laid back stroll over to Epcot instead of venturing too far on 'the day' - especially after a busy Christmas Eve.
Undecided what to do on our last full day which is Boxing Day... Have currently just thrown in an 'Epcot' as we always book a special last meal in the evening, but the choice we make is for THE FIRST PARK OF THE DAY isnt it?... so I may make an alteration, and choose one of the others.

ps...went for Hollywood Studios as Boxing Day choice. And will hopefully head to Epcot for the evening.

Edited at 12:33 PM. Reason: adding PS
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This will be our first time at Christmas. We have picked AK on Christmas Eve but will hopefully go to Epcot in the evening. Mk on Christmas Day and same on Boxing Day as we fly home later that night and can’t think of anywhere else on our final day. We will go to HS on the 22nd and a day away from the parks on the 23rd( well, we will probably go somewhere at night!)
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jonabbie
Being a bit Goofy

Flight prices around Christmas seem to have gone through the roof recently (mainly to MCO)
Might book Miami
jonabbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jonabbie View Post
Flight prices around Christmas seem to have gone through the roof recently (mainly to MCO)
Might book Miami
Have you also looked into Tampa? We flew into Tampa in 2018 and although the drive is longer (1 1/2hrs) the airport was so easy to navigate and we was through customs really quickly. I would book Tampa again if MCO was too expensive for us or if we found a good deal.

We have looked into Miami before but have never done the drive.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kel3627
Gone all Goofy

Might book Miami
We booked Virgin flights to Tampa last weekend for 15th Dec - 3rd Jan, 3 ad and 1 ch - £2383 in total. These were from Manchester. Friends looked yesterday to book same flights and they are £1000 more now but they still managed to get a fly drive with BA for £2900. This was for same dates and amount of people.
Kel3627 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Might book Miami
Oh great! 🙄
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Herbiefish
Proud to wear my Ears

We’re booked 18th dec - 3rd jan. flying to tampa as the price was much better.

I’m thinking Christmas Day at discovery cove, does anyone know if you can book a specific day for discovery cove when you book the tickets? I thought I’d read you had to give a selection of 3 dates.

With the Disney park reservation system presumably you are guaranteed entry to a park if you have booked? So it shouldn’t matter if you arrive later in the day?

So looking forward to this!
Herbiefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Might book Miami
They have- I saw your post and broke my rule of 'once purchased flights, never return to compare prices' rule. The direct tickets I purchased have increased by over two thirds the cost. Mind you, they were cheap.
I think the 'lower' () prices will return again once the need for post lockdown getaway planning settles, but that might be a few months yet.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
They have- I saw your post and broke my rule of 'once purchased flights, never return to compare prices' rule. The direct tickets I purchased have increased by over two thirds the cost. Mind you, they were cheap.
I think the 'lower' () prices will return again once the need for post lockdown getaway planning settles, but that might be a few months yet.
I broke that rule yesterday too; our BA package (flights and car hire) has gone from £700pp to £1200pp. There are some cheaper options that that though by flying indirect. I hope that once international travel starts to get back to normal there will be a return to more options and cheaper prices.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Well I took the plunge and paid off our Disney Tickets to get our days booked so Christmas Day at Magic Kingdom and New Years Eve at Epcot all booked We are hoping to be a Magic Kingdom on the 30th for the New Years Eve Practice so we can get the best of both Fireworks 💥
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List