Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Feb 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DS (18) wanted one for Christmas but we said if he saved up 1/2 towards it we would help out. But have not seen any in stock for ages.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dogken View Post
Very had 6000 today and all gone within a minute🤬scalpers buying them all then selling on ebay for crazy money.
Shopto had a few hundred but the queue on there site was 20,000+ then crashed.
Just got to keep trying, get one sooner or later, be better when the shops reopen and start to stock.
I managed to get one from very at 2.58pm for my brother. Seems stock was going on and off all day and I too was unsuccessful earlier on. I’d say keep trying
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We managed to get one last week online with Smyths. We had been following PS5 stock on Twitter as they tend to give alerts of when stock becomes available in stores.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Managed to get one off Very (well hubbys mate been refreshing for 5hrs) delivery expected 11 March! Cant wait to see sons face.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

At about 10 to 4 Very allowed me to select a model and then dumped me out when I tried to add it to my basket ☹️ It’s for DH so he’s just going to have to wait.

I’m glad to hear some dibbers are having success 😊
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
At about 10 to 4 Very allowed me to select a model and then dumped me out when I tried to add it to my basket ☹️ It’s for DH so he’s just going to have to wait.

It helps if you have the apps on your phone apparently. I had one in my basket on the Argos app ready for when they came in stock as a lot of people had success in getting one this way. I think it just means you get a head start on people who are trying to add to basket as you can go straight to payment.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post

Yeah it looked like very we’re dropping some all afternoon, I too managed to get to the selection and trying to add to basket before being dumped out
Old 17 Feb 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
It helps if you have the apps on your phone apparently. I had one in my basket on the Argos app ready for when they came in stock as a lot of people had success in getting one this way. I think it just means you get a head start on people who are trying to add to basket as you can go straight to payment.
I was trying to get DS an Xbox just before Christmas, and was able to see stock on the Argos app, and get one in my basket for click and collect, but I couldn’t actually get any further to pay. This was an Argos within a Sainsburys store. I rang the store and they were able to reserve it for me and DH was able to go in and collect it the following day. I was told on the phone that they had disabled the ability to purchase online to stop the scalpers.

DS’ friend tried the same tactic, but during the current lockdown. Unfortunately it didn’t work for him as they wouldn’t allow him to pay in store (as DH had done), as it was click & collect only, and they couldn’t take payment over the phone either! So they had stock, but couldn’t actually sell them!

My point is, perhaps when lockdown is over, try calling the Argos stores to reserve one - I’m sure it’ll be the same for PS5 as it was for Xbox.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

I wanted one for both my sons at Xmas, couldn’t get one. I told my eldest I could get the Xbox so he went with that, the youngest said don’t bother I prefer gaming on my PC, said he was looking for a new PC this year and asked for the money towards it.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

Jacamo sent me an email on Thursday saying they had limited stock of the digital one for £500 and the disc one with 3 games and accessories for £630, first come first served, I went with the disc one, and luckily enough got one, arriving Thursday.

Funnily enough 10 mins later got a text from NHS saying I can book my jab for next week. (Im 54), so all in all a good day.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List