Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

What is it about Mini Bull Terriers.

Dozzer (Dora) being our second mini bull terrier and our friend who has another Mini...… why do other dogs pick on them.

Taking Dora for long lovely walks every day, there is always a few miserable ones who pick on her.

She is the sweetest creature, loving, gentle, she goes up to them all wagging and friendly next thing bam... they go for her. My friend has this too with her mini.

Today we noticed she is shying away from dogs a little, so I am going to just keep an eye on dogs who she wants to say hello to now and play with.

I am an expert at moody dogs, my beautiful Myrtle was at times a little monster (how I miss her) and I suppose like us we all have different personalities, but poor little mite Dora just wants to say hello...
Perhaps because she is so ickle…… and so damn gorgeous. xxxxxxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

Do you think that the owners/walkers of the other dogs tense up and subconsciously put their dogs on alert? I was walking my golden retriever on lead a while ago and two off lead Staffies wandered up to us, and without warning attacked us. They knocked me over and bit my arm quite badly and drew blood from my dog. I made the mistake of keeping hold of my dog’s lead, rather than releasing him so that he could properly defend himself/get away. Anyway, now I can’t help tense slightly when I see an off lead staffie and I know that my dog senses that.
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Do you think that the owners/walkers of the other dogs tense up and subconsciously put their dogs on alert? I was walking my golden retriever on lead a while ago and two off lead Staffies wandered up to us, and without warning attacked us. They knocked me over and bit my arm quite badly and drew blood from my dog. I made the mistake of keeping hold of my dog’s lead, rather than releasing him so that he could properly defend himself/get away. Anyway, now I can’t help tense slightly when I see an off lead staffie and I know that my dog senses that.
What a shame Both of my DD's have staffies and they are forever being attacked by small, yappy dogs that are not on leads.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Are the dogs she is approaching on lead? One of my spaniels is really nervous around dogs he doesn't know so I tend to walk him on lead away from dogs that are off lead. We still get the odd occasion where one will run up to him just to be friendly and he barks at them to back off. He is also much worse when I am walking him as if he thinks he needs to protect me. He is an absolute softie at home but when he barks he sounds really aggressive. We have never been able to get him out of the habit with me walking him but he is happy to let other dogs sniff him when he is with my daughter.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
What a shame Both of my DD's have staffies and they are forever being attacked by small, yappy dogs that are not on leads.
Wow, I so agree with this... when we all go to the parks its the little dogs who are always the little tikes.
There was a little sausage dog on the beach this weekend, digging in the sand, little Dora went up and the dog literally went for her, I look round and she did a full somersault, she ran, she was so scared. I just cuddled her, he was busy scraping for stones and she just wanted to say hello, she was on his time, he was busy. xxxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Wow, I so agree with this... when we all go to the parks its the little dogs who are always the little tikes.
There was a little sausage dog on the beach this weekend, digging in the sand, little Dora went up and the dog literally went for her, I look round and she did a full somersault, she ran, she was so scared. I just cuddled her, he was busy scraping for stones and she just wanted to say hello, she was on his time, he was busy. xxxxx
dachshunds don't realise how small they are. My neice calls hers a doberman with chopped off legs! I love having him to stay but when we walk him I only let him off the lead when we are totally on our own and if we meet anyone I pick him up, at least he is small enough to do that to

Some people just don't realise about their own dogs, feel for you and Dora x
Old 23 Feb 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post

This... absolutely true...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Zero has been attacked several times, both times the other dogs were off lead. Zero only goes off lead when we are alone as his recall isnt great. Our dog trainer told us other dogs often will attack those on leads. I dont know what the answer is really. Just hope Dora is OK. And to think they are the ones with a bad reputation.

Edited at 06:52 PM.
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List