Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We do a mixture of both. Early morning and rope drop at beginning of holiday and late afternoon and evening in park later on in holiday.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thanks, everyone. We are in villa and we usually find that we can't be botehred to go back to the parks in the evening but maybe it will be different when it's so hot. That's a great idea about mornings at the start of the holiday and later afternoons towards the end. DH and I would much rather get up early and go for rope drop but our teenage DD and BIL/SIL don't understand anything before 11am I'm thinking that we'll do separate parties, somehow!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We do both. Open and close of parks. Skip the middle and go back to the pool
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Also, does it cool down significantly once the sun goes down?
No, not really. Or, at least, it didn't when we visited in August 2014.

I remember standing watching the Electrical Parade at 9:15pm whilst sweating like a pig and the same whilst watching Fantasmic on another day. I guess it was slightly cooler than earlier in the afternoon but not significantly so.

Thank goodness for aircon!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tottenham
Being a bit Goofy

Hi, I went last August and we are going and we are going again this August (8th).
It's verrry hot and verrry Humid and sticky. We go this time of year due to school holidays. I'm not sure if I would go this time of year if we didn't need to go in the school holidays... But we still had a great time last year and will will do so again this year!
I say to just drink plenty and wear light clothing. I tend to dress as if I was to be taking part in a marathon... so shorts shorts, sports vest/tshirt (climacool type material) and running shoes... it's not straight off the runway at Paris Fashion Week however I find that it really does help!

Enjoy!

BE
Tottenham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

We always go in August. We do a mixture of mornings and evenings. We never do a whole day in a park but often do morning and evening the same day with a break to swim or rest. We break days up into 3 parts in our plan.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

I'm off next month and have planned mainly early mornings but also a couple of resort mornings and late/ afternoon evenings.

I think we won't know for sure how we will cope with the heat / humidity until we are there and will be flexible according to how we feel.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

We love August!

We always spend mornings by the pool then have lunch and head into the parks early afternoon and tend to stay until close.

We have only ever done one rope drop and much prefer evenings in the parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are also doing earlies first half, then later second half, never do full days

For me the temp difference is like going from the top shelf of the oven to the bottom shelf, it's always bloody hot
Old 12 Jul 16, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
For me the temp difference is like going from the top shelf of the oven to the bottom shelf, it's always bloody hot
LOL! I like that one
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread