Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Nov 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

DD20 is unfortunately having one tomorrow. I've told her to take whatever drugs they offer 😬 Does anyone know if they let anyone go down with you? She's dreading it 😬
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have a few a year the camera is non problem it’s the tripod that hurts

The first couple i had sedative, most commonly its pethidine they give you, I don’t bother now as they won’t let you drive home after and I’ve had so many now I just want to get it over and drive home without bothering anyone else.

The camera is no problem, feels a little strange and can hurt a little if it catches on a bend!

The bit that bothers me is the air, it really bothers me, not going to mess about here but you need to let it go there used to everything as as your completely empty it’s just air but believe me it has to come out constantly to cope!

The only other bad bit and it’s my worst part is the clean prep you have to drink before, god it’s terrible.

Honestly nothing to worry about and personality I wouldn’t bother with the drugs.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
CaliforniaKid
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I've had two colonoscopies, first was with sedative though strangely it had little effect. I remember the whole thing, procedure was a bit rough. Second time went without and got through it - just - but could 'feel' the camera inside! A couple of sharp bouts of cramping / bloating pain but all in all wasn't too bad.

Yes, bowel prep is disgusting, but not as bad as the liquid I drank prior to a barium meal - now that stuff is vile.
CaliforniaKid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Frontal
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 1
Top tip when taking the Moviprep:

1) Keep the bottle in the fridge and keep it as cold as possible (kills the taste)
2) Drink it with a straw which is placed at the back of your mouth (less contact with taste buds).
Old 15 Nov 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve had 2 attempted ones and one completed one.
First of all can I say, everyone is different and no 2 colonoscopies are the same.
What works for one, may not work for another.
Some people are very blaze about it, whilst for others, such as me, in all honesty, my first 2 tries were horrendous.
(I have severed diverticular disease making my bowel very stiff to navigate)
My last colonoscopy was done by my consultant after I’d had surgery for colon cancer early this year and he suggested optimum sedation.
This worked fantastically and he was able to navigate my colon with relative ease.
I came round quickly and was able to leave hospital after coffee and biscuits and felt absolutely fine.
The prep isn’t pleasant unfortunately. I’ve had Movilrep and you have to take 2 litres of it. The secret is to chill it and add flavouring - I added Apple concentrate and used a straw. It was still vile but it’s a means to an end.
Good luck and if I can help in any way, or there are more questions you’d like to ask, please message me x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I’ve had one as as everyone else says, the prep is far worse than the procedure. I had gas and air - lots of it and felt quite relaxed and bit giggly by the end of it!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
My husband has had a few always goes for sedation bit woozy after but it’s ok
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

My mum has had several as she was diagnosed with bowel cancer 5 years ago, she now has 1 a year to check the cancer is in remission. She had an awful reaction to the sedative, so prefers to go without anything, although gas and air is available if she needs it. Like others have said she says the prep is far worse than the actual procedures.
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Thank you everyone who has taken the time to reply. I have changed my dates as my husband was away for the original one, he is going to take the day off work so I can opt to have the sedation.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I have sedation too.
I can’t cope with gas and air!
The procedure is generally a doddle and I agree that the worst part is the prep 😳
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List